Skip to content

When looking/scraping for proxies is your real IP used or is a proxy set?

MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia

As the title says...

When running GSA Proxy Scraper is your IP masked? or are proxies used when scraping/finding new proxies?

Hope that makes sense? 

Cheers

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    actually your real ip is used here. Using a proxy would limit things a bit as they are still public proxies after all and could fail. Then you never know if the reason was a bad proxy or website being down.
  • vignesh676vignesh676 Mumbai,India
    Hi Sven,
    What would be the recommended number of threads in proxy scraper if real IP is being used to avoid IP block by google ?

Does the scraper internally pause when checking for google pass?

Vignesh.
    sorry but this seems to be a different toppic. pausing on a google-check does not make any sense and when using the search engine tool in ProxyScraper, it does not use your real ip at all.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    @Sven thanks for the clarification.

Would it be possible to add this feature? To be honest, I would prefer to use/set a random proxie/s from the list of scraped proxies after a certain period of time (5 or 10 minutes for example) so that I can hide my IP address and reduce/stop my IP being blocked.

I don't mind if a proxy fails and I could loose potential new proxies (I think in the bigger picture it wouldn't be that noticeable, right?). 

I think the risk of having your real IP being blocked is far worse than a few proxies failing when scraping for new proxies.

What are your thoughts? 

will try adding this next week...plz remind me when im back in office then.
    Perfect! - cheers @Sven
    @Sven looks like you added that feature in the latest update?

I have had a good look in the settings but can't seem to find how to activate using a proxy when looking for new proxies.

Could you point me/us in the right direction? 

Cheers 
    Yes it's in latest update. Under the tab where you define the providers to scrape proxies from you have the option.
    @Sven where is says "try using a proxy" ?
    yes
    ...Perfect thanks @Sven