Skip to content

GSA SER proxy scraping vs GSA Proxy Scraper and also question about private proxies

Forgive my ignorance, but if I'm using GSA SER, doesn't it already have built in proxy scraping? Why would I need GSA Proxy Scraper along with GSA SER (excluding the PR emulation which can be had with GSA PR Emulator)?

Secondly, if GSA Proxy Scraper is indeed superior to the built in GSA SER proxy scraper, is it possible to run complete GSA SER campaigns using only proxies scraped with GSA Proxy Scraper, therefore eliminating the need for private proxies?

Thanks for you help!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the proxy scraper in SER is not that optimal. It finds you proxies sure, but GSA Proxy Scraper works way faster and also can scan sources that SER is not able to scan.

GSA Proxy Scraper has also many more ways to test proxies and many more tools in it.
    Just give it a try and you will see.
  • Thanks Sven.

I'm not a heavy GSA SER user. I have a main site which is for an offline business. I also have a couple of other sites I try to rank mainly for fun. So my needs aren't as extreme as many others that use SER. For someone like me, do you think I could get by using Proxy Scraper scraped proxies for both scraping for sites and also for posting in SER? Or, do you think I'd still need private/semi-private proxies in addition?
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @kottke - at the suggestion of a friend, I'm testing with the sort of setup that you're suggesting. So far, I'm not seeing a big decrease in performance with the Proxy Scraper public proxies over the semi-dedicated proxies I'm paying for. You can probably get by with it :)
  • Thanks for your input @redrays :)
  • Anybody else have an opinion on this? @redrays how is your testing coming along? Are you still having good results?
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @kottke - I'm still getting good results, and I'm going to cancel my semi-dedicated proxies in about a week.
  • "Secondly, if GSA Proxy Scraper is indeed superior to the built in GSA SER proxy scraper, is it possible to run complete GSA SER campaigns using only proxies scraped with GSA Proxy Scraper, therefore eliminating the need for private proxies?"

Can anyone also clarify that, thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats possible. However, you still work with public proxies...you might have to run the tool a bit longer to only use stable proxies at the end.