Skip to content

script question

hello guys , I'm trying to learn some scripting :)

what's the difference between those 2 lines :

find url=*/tiki-register.php
alternative url=./tiki-register.php

* or . ?? what is the difference in ser eyes ?

* = ??
. = ??

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    find url will extract all urls and take the one matching the mask.
    If that does not give any url, it will try the one in "alternative url.
    That .\ simply means it is adding that path to the current path.
  • why you used * in the first and the . in the second ?

I would like to know the meaning of * and . in ser eyes ?

Thanks
    the first is a mask where every found link on that current site is getting matched against "find url" and "find link". The best match will be taken. So you can of course use anything here that comes with * like *googurl*

The second is no mask at all but the URL that should get used when no link is found. Of course using * is an invalid char here and not a valid URL. Using ./ in that second statement will give it a browse to that relative path of that current URL you are on.
  • in this particular example if the first line does not find anything the second will also fail IMO
    because you are literally giving the same url twice
    NO! You still misunderstand this. The first line is a search...the second is a relative URL.

If you open a website as in here...
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/20764/script-question

and want to link to a relative sublink from here. Then you write <a href="../../../categories">...
    or if you want to link to a file on the same path it would be <a href="./other.html".
    And thats what you do with alternative url=./tiki-register.php as you do not know what full domain you are at when you script this.
  • here is another example in tiki wiki : http://cannapedia.me/tiki-register.php

how can I copy the passcode from the same page as it's available there , to fill it in the right place ?

Thanks sven
    I don't see the passcode there being mentioned!?
  • Its at the top of the form. You can extract it like so:

[passcode_to_register]
    type=extract
    front=.prepend("<b>Passcode to register:</b>
    back="

then use

passcode=%passcode_to_register%

when submitting the form
    ohh might have been visible by javascript only (have turned that off by default).
  • edited July 2016
    thanks for your valuable help

• .prepend ? what it does please ?

and also why you use back = " ??

Thanks
    open that page in source and you probably see that
    [..]prepend("<b>Passcode to register:</b> CODE"[..]
  • hello , I see thanks

but the script is not working it needs to be updated , can you troubleshoot it ?
  • I can tell from my little experience that you should ;

skip ext links on=0 , set this to 1 instead of 0 so it respect projects settings on outbound links , it should be 1 by default don't know why you set it to 0 by default ? it's misleading for many people ( me included until recently)

set a user agent for the captcha to be easy

I don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot the script so waiting for sven or someone to help fix this engine as of now it's not working
  • hello there , I have just noticed that all this is not needed in the tikiwiki.ini file because when I delete all this nothing change in the config can you explain please why you put it there ? or am I missing something ?

[About_Yourself]
    type=text
    allow html=1
    allow return=1
    must be filled=0
    hint=Please fill this with some information about yourself. Use the spin syntax heavily here.
    custom mode=1
    auto modify=0
    default=%file-about_yourself.dat%
    html to custom link format=1
    custom link format=[%url%|%anchor_text%]
    custom img format={img src=%url% desc=%alt%}
    custom iframe format={IFRAME(width="%width%" height="%height%" scrolling="auto")}%url%{IFRAME}
    html line break=0
    auto add anchor url=2
    allow data url=0

[Forum_Subject]
    type=text
    allow html=0
    must be filled=1
    default={Just {want|wanted} to say {Hello|Hi}{!|.}|I am the new {guy|girl|one}|Im {happy|glad} I {finally|now} {registered|signed up}}
    hint=A topic of your new thread.

[Forum_Comment]
    type=memo
    allow html=1
    must be filled=1
    hint=Use spin syntax here to not get duplicate content.
    default=%file-comments_forum.dat%
    allow return=1
    custom mode=1
    auto modify=0
    html to custom link format=1
    custom link format=[%url%|%anchor_text%]
    custom img format={img src=%url% desc=%alt%}
    custom iframe format={IFRAME(width="%width%" height="%height%" scrolling="auto")}%url%{IFRAME}
    html line break=0
    auto add anchor url=2

[Login]
    type=login
    must be filled=1
    hint=The login for websites that need an account. Use numbers and letters only.
    min length=15
    numeric=0
    upcase=0
    lowcase=1
    static=1

[Password]
    type=password
    must be filled=1
    hint=A password used for websites that need an account. Use numbers and letters only.
    min length=8
    static=1

but in other side when I delete this it delete the concerned filed accordingly :

[Anchor_Text]
    type=text
    allow html=0
    must be filled=1
    hint=Use the keyword that you would like MED TEST your page getting ranked for. Also use spin syntax here for more than one anchor text.
    alternate data=%spinfile-generic_anchor_text.dat%

Thanks
    skip ext links on <<< I set that on when an engine builds a new page on it's own...then that setting should not be checked.
    ---
    that fields are defined by other engines. try deleting this and use only the engine and you will see it is making a difference.
  • can you explain in details , I understand a little but some info is not clear

skip ext links on = when it's on , it means it tell ser to take in consideration the option in the program , when it's off it does not care about the number of links on the page . I hope you get the idea

about the fields yes I tried this before posting , I unchecked everything expect tiki wiki

Thanks
    skip ext links on <<< your guess is correct.

• what about this :

"that fields are defined by other engines. try deleting this and use only the engine and you will see it is making a difference."

I tried it before posting and it's not making any difference

Thanks

sorry but I don't get whyt problem you have with this at all?
  • I would like to know why it's inclueded in tikiwiki ? if it's not affecting it why put those lines in the ini file ?

Thanks
    because the fields are used by it? If you use only that engine and do not define them, then the script will most likely not work.
  • ok but when I delete this :

[Anchor_Text]
    type=text
    allow html=0
    must be filled=1
    hint=Use the keyword that you would like MED TEST your page getting ranked for. Also use spin syntax here for more than one anchor text.
    alternate data=%spinfile-generic_anchor_text.dat%

it disappear from the project options but the other options mentionned earlier don't make any change to the project page ie : the fields don't get deleted

do you understand ?
    because they are used in the script with %varname% and then SER knows they are defined by other engines. Seriously, why making a big deal out of this now? I don't get what your problem is with the variable definitions.
  • hello , because tikiwiki is not working out of the box , I try to repair it , so I need to understand the in and out of ser to be able to work
    give me a site where you think it should work and i debug it.
  • hello there , how is it going ?

I hope you will fix it asap

Thanks
    still on my to-do list sorry.
  • thanks