Skip to content

Moz keys not rotating

When using PI I have it set to filter at Da 20 PA 20.

I have 125 Moz keys loaded in.

However, PI will run until the one API key stops responding (daily limit is my guess) then the whole project stops until I manually change the key.

Any way to fix that so I does it on it's own?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    If you let it continue to run, it will automatically unpause and restart the Moz API on its own after 5 minutes. This was added in the last version 1.45.
  • sweet, ok thank you!
  • One more question, when I upload a set of 125 does it rotate between the keys on each check or does it hit the same one until it stops responding?
    It should be rotating through the accounts on each check. Keep in mind Moz recently reduced the amount of rows you can get each month with the free moz accounts. It went from 1,000,000 rows per month to 25,000 rows per month for each account so the amount of URLS you can check for each free account is a lot smaller than before. :(
  • Just a heads up

Moz changed the rate that users can access the API, so now you can only pull from it once every 10 seconds. On top of the limited amount of links you can check.

This is causing PI to pause quite regularly when trying to filter by DA/PA

Also, when it does pause, the software is not rotating Moz keys.   Not that it matters at this point because of the Moz changes.

Is there a way to connect PR Jacker to the PI?  That will eliminate the keys all together and then we can filter with Majetic metrics as well?
    edited April 2016
    Ya, the Moz's new limitations make it harder to keep them going. I will check to make sure things are rotating properly, but as far as PR jacker goes, I'm not sure exactly how that connects. I don't have a copy of that myself.

• With SER, it connects through the local IP address.

So in order to use it, in SER, you shut off proxies when PR checking.

Since PR Jacker is running under the 127.0.0.1 IP on your machine, when SER checks PR it runs through PR Jacker.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm only guessing, but if you tell PI to check Moz stats, and to use that IP only for that check, then in theory it should run through PR Jacker.

@ClintButler - Ok, thanks I will look into PR jacker a bit more.
  • Can you add a button for "check all" for the MOZ APIs.
    As far as I see it I need to manually check each of my MOZ APIs before I can add them or when I have used them for a while.
    A simple "Check All" with the option to remove dead APIs would be great.
    Sure, we will add that for next update.
  • Can someone recommend another MOZ API provider since the guy mentioned in this thread is not responding at all? 
  • @Sammy262

You have to give @emptee a bit of time, he is in Australia. I saw him on here late last week. Just send him an email (michael@pimpmypay.com i think) or send him a PM.Give him a couple days though.
  • @s4nt0s What's format does the text file have when I want to import 100 or 200 API keys into GSA PI?
    edited March 2016
    @sammy262 - here's an example: mozscape-6c49807d30:da68e01127c56c239e1578dcaeb129e9 (not a real account)

• ok so it is name:key
    gotcha. Thanks.
    edited April 2016
    @everyone - I have just been informed that account rotation of Moz accounts is breaking their TOU so we will be removing this feature immediately.

However, I am in discussions with Moz and hope we can find a good solution for everyone that won't be too costly for you guys. 

Will keep you all posted.

• web4youweb4you store web4you.pro
    If MOZ will be remove function free keys it will be slowly death for moz.
    If their give lower price than now ..Maybe...
    This politic will be sick for their business, but it is not my business.
    Now for creating and using moz apis are restriction.
    We can see crash prjacker - not support, errors
    I wish for PI success. I wait for consensus Pi with moz
  • Any news on this because checking the PA/DA with only one free MOZ account is not a real option in my eyes.