Skip to content

The best strategy to build valuable GSA SER list

Dear GSA SER Users,

Could you share with me ( with us other GSA SER forum members) what is the best strategy to scrap new list dedicated for GSA SER. I have Scrapebox only for hervesting

Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    edited May 2016
    I posted this over on BHW, the bit about link extraction should help you. Any further questions just ask here.

Edit - for some reason it just links to the thread not the post, check out post 48.
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @shaun gives really good advice in that thread. There used to be a set of videos sold on this forum that covered scraping your own lists, and it was also quite good. No idea if it's still available though.

Are you new to using SER? If so, it might make more sense to buy a list while you learn the tool, then start scraping your own once you're comfortable. When I was first learning SER a few years ago, I had a chunk of time where I made little / no progress because I was also trying to learn how to scrape my own lists. It was just too much to learn all at once.
  • Scraping lists consists of a few factors:

1. keywords
    2. footprints
    3. software
    4. proxies
    5. time
  • Scraping is a tedious process - most newcomers are much better off buying high-quality "general" lists than scraping their own niche-related targets.

That being said, in my opinion this guide by @inet_solutions is highly helpful. (Brace yourself! Long-read is coming - no way to explain this process in a tweet.)

In my opinion, filtering the links by quality metrics is highly crucial. There are different approaches - you might buy MOZ API access if you've got $600 bucks to spare each month.

I used to pay that kind of mind until I found out that free API keys, reliable proxies and lots of both work magic - until recently, I started using GSA Proxy Scraper. The URL metrics tool with the included PR replacement can work miracles.

• Thank you guys for your help, I am going to try each method