Skip to content

No Buffer Space Available - Virtual Box. Any known problems???

I turned on SER over night and made about 4 links.  One of the errors I saw was something like this:

download failed, socket, no buffer space available

I am running SER on VB. Oracle Virtual Box.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I do know one problem that is related to VB.  I can only run 1  or 2 programs that want internet access at a time.  Anything more and the internet just stops working on the VB guest. My main computer, the host, still keeps its internet connections going.

Does anyone know if these problems are related, or better yet, does someone know how to fix them.

Additional:
VB has 6gb RAM and 2 AMD 6100 CPUs allocated for it to use

If VB is a known problem, does anyone have a better solution.  VB was what people were using when I first got SER, VPS at that time were pretty spotty. Sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't.

I always thought setting up SER on a laptop and letting it run was a good idea, I don't have a laptop but if I can figure out how to make this work I have no problem buying a cheap one.

Thanks for considering my problem

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    could happen on firewall blocking access
  • If I run SER at 10 threads, how many seperate internet connections would that make?

I think what is happening is when I run my captcha program and SER I am making too many internet connections and it is overwhelming the virtual network adapter.

Anyway, how many connnections would a thread make  (or 10 threads) is there a specific amount.
    one thread will open one port to connect to a remote server. I would not say it is opening an internet connection.
  • edited June 2016
    I just wondered if the stuff below might overwhelm the guests internet connections.

I would like to keep GSA on the VB until I buy a laptop or something just for it.

Anyway, here is what I was talking about.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>netstat /n /o

Active Connections

//removed ips by admin...not relevant anymore//

C:\Windows\System32>
    hmm looks a lot indeed. Are those proxies?
  • Yeah, they are scraped with SER.

I am getting a lot of both"
    download failed (aborted)
    download failed (aborted) socket error no buffer space

I looked and my proxy scraper setting were at 50 threads, that could account for some of it. So I trimmed it back to 5.