Skip to content

Project Linking

Would like to see project linking in gsapi.

Option to:

* Start after project

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @sengines - Not sure what you mean here? Start what after project?
  • edited April 2016
    s4nt0s not able to check any monitored folders for duplicates.

This is why I thought of project linking/chain like senukex. After duplicate removal then process or monitor.

I get an error

"Cannot remove duplicates from the same directory that is being monitored."

• edited April 2016
    I use 5 folders:

Identified = Dirty Links
    Submitted = Use inside gsa, dummy projects only
    Unrecognized = Only one Using wildcard matching and extended matching option in gsapi
    Verified = Global site list, clean list
    Harvesters = Dirty List

How I use gsapi

Step1 - Monitor Identified Folder and "Harvesters" folder, send to "Submitted" folder, used for gsa dummy projects for testing

Step2 - Remove duplicates from "Submitted" and "Verified"

I just want to cut down processing time etc by deduplicating as gsapi is fast at this on millions of links. I know I will get duplicates somewhere, anyone with some logic chime in if you have ideas. Thanks.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @sengines - You shouldn't be getting that error unless you're trying to dedup a folder that is currently being monitored by a project in Pi. The error is there to let you know you can't remove duplicates from the same folder you're monitoring, it causes conflicts in the software. You can set Pi to remove duplicates from the output , but if its the same folder you have set to be monitored by that same project or another one, it won't work.

You should be able to remove duplicates from your submitted/verified SER folders as long as Pi isn't monitoring them.