Skip to content

Automailer templates

How do you save and switch between the templates?

When I make a template and store it in the templates directory or even outside the directory when I go to use it, the automailer sends the default template message instead.

I have to rename the template to default in order for it to send but that gets to be a bit of a pain.

Are there any guides on how exactly to manage and use the templates?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Please understand that templates are used according to the set mask. If the entered mask matches, it will be used. If none matches, the default one is used.

With mask I mean: If you enter *@*.de it will be used for all emails ending with .de
  • Hello,

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

When you go to options>>AutoMailer>>Email Messages>>Templates

When I write a message and save it as a template, are you saying that I need to now create a mask for a specific email?

If that's what you're saying please explain the steps to do so as I don't see any.
    When you create a template, you are forced to enter a mask that has to match certain emails so the program knows when to use this template.

Maybe it's a good idea to read here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/email_spider/options#automailer
  • Yes I have read that, that's what prompted me to write in the forums because there's no information there. No examples or clear details.

From what I am gathering I have to create email templates for .com, then another for .info and so on if that's the case there is much room for improvement in that area.
    well do you really enter different text messages for those emails? Why would the language of a com-email owner be different than from a info-email-owner? This is realyl only meant to write different messages in different languages to get the best results.
  • The language ability is a nice addition but this would be extremely helpful:

Example
    Today I want to run an email campaign for 20% off, I have to write a message then add it to the template area in the spider and save it as default in order for that message to be sent.

Tomorrow I am going to run a special for buy 1 get 1, I have to write a message then add it to the template area in the spider and save it as default in order for that message to be sent.

The way the default template is handled, I need to overwrite the template and save it as the default, tomorrow I need to overwrite it again and save it as default and so on month after month.

Now I have to keep track of months and months worth of these sales pitches in a folder someplace, it would be much easier if I could just save them as templates and be able to choose which one I am going to use today.
    you can load/save template sets. You should use that.