Skip to content

Picking a Category

edited January 2013 in Need Help
So I've been doing some debugging... I'd love to get to the point where I can contribute to refining some of the engines. I think that's what we can do to help this software grow for Sven and his team... Anyways when I see some of the debug code it appears that maybe when a category doesn't match it may fail. Does GSA pick a random category if the category you have listed in the project doesn't match the target? Thanks guys, I appreciate the help

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What order does SER pick a category to try and use? Is it random? OR is it sequential?

@sven - It would be neat if it was sequential, then we could list the categories in preferred order and improve verification rate. 

It's just that I have about 10 categories for each project using *category*, but in GSA SER, all the main one is always shown as *General*, even if I select a more appropriate one from the dropdown. I.e. I select *golf* from dropdown, but everytime I check the project it shows *General* as the main one!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. choose category by defined categories in project

2. try to choose it by keywords

3a. if project options are set to random...use a random one

3b. if project options are set to skip...submission is aborted and fails

3c. if project options are set to Ask User...a box appears and lets the user choose it.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven -

1) choose category by defined categories in project

Yes, I got this, but what order does it try these from the defined categories? I have 15 category items. 

I would prefer it to try "*golf*" before trying "*general*" or *miscellaneous*. 

Currently it is always showing as "General" as the main category in SER GUI. If I change it to a better one, it just reverts to "General".
    Move the most important to the top? Thats what it's for.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven

So it goes from top to bottom right?

If so, I'll start ordering my categories in order of preference. :-) Should help my verification rate. I figured it might be a category issue. 
  • So Sven, on the categories, does it pick a random one from the project or a random one on the site we're trying to post to... Currently I only have 4 in the category list so obviously I need more if it's picking a random one from the project and not the site itself. Thanks bud

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    From the category list you have inputted. 
    No, you get it all wrong. It is choosing the category on the site in the steps I posted above. RANDOM is referring to a random category on the site if nothing else (defined categories or keywords) would match.
  • Thanks for the quick response!