Skip to content

Proxy Scraper not working with RankTracker

When i try to use Proxy Scraper with RankTracker i always have some problems.

Sometimes RankTracker show the following message (This message appears after Proxy Scrapper bug message so it seems that somehow proxy scrapper stop working and yes i've sent the bug report many, many times with no response)

other times it seems to work but RankTracker timeout the connection

Proxy Scraper Config only using "Google Proxies"

RankTracker timeout set to 30 secs and working fine with private proxies

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I got your bugreports but still haven't located much here. Do you get any success with PS at all or is it never working?
  • I made some tests with projects that have 300-400 words each. It works maybe with 4-6 words total. 

Also i don't know why but in scrapebox if i put 127.0.0.1:8080 in their proxy manager i got timeout also (In scrapebox it works in harvester mode even if it get timeouts in the proxy management screen) So maybe is something related to the same problem.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited February 2016
    hmm for scrapebox you need to make sure that CONNECT proxies are not used. Because Scrapebox can only handle Socks/Web. Might be the same for the other tool.

Oh well as you use the internal proxy server, it all should work fine without any problems. I will have a look and try to improve things on next update.
  • Hi 

I've found that if i use the real IP of my PC (192.168.xxx.xxx)  instead of 127.0.0.1 then all works.

Go figure.
  • vignesh676vignesh676 Mumbai,India
    @b4c5p4c3 : Ranktracker inhouse proxies search have been updated and seems to work fine now without much issues. you can try that as well.
  • @vignesh676 using RankTracker internal proxies i've waiting 4 hours to check 50 words :(
  • vignesh676vignesh676 Mumbai,India
    edited February 2016
    @b4c5prc3 Yeah it is slow but google does not give error. My experience is that whenever I use GSA proxy scraper, Google gives me an error of trying to log in from a different location. Then I am forced to change password as per google policies.

Maybe they use direct connection when trying to check google analytics account incase of using internal proxies.