Skip to content

Try to use search engines to find related links

londonseolondonseo London, UK
Hi Sven - this option under Article Manager (Try to use search engines to find related links) doesnt seem to work.

What if i want it to just go through the SERPs and say randomly pick results from say pages 50 - 100 in Google, how would this work?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Why is that not working for you? I mean what makes you think it does not?
  • @sven - because it just uses stuff from the generic_urls.dat file
    well it uses them when no result was found using search engines or they are busy. You can however use your own URLs when you enbale the "Own URLs" checkbox.
  • @sven - so far it doesnt seem to work at all for me
    will check it when im in office
    found the problem here and fixed it in next update.
  • HI Sven - I dont see this working at all.

Even when i clear the generic_urls.dat file it just includes my additional links.

If the generic_urls.dat is left as it is, it just includes whats in the file and not URLs it finds using search engines.
    ok what in detal doesnt work now? The Own URLs or the search for links? "Own URLs" need a special format that you can review here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/advanced_setup#generic_urls
  • The "try to use search engines to find related links" doesnt seem to work. What exactly is that supposed to do?

I was thinking it would do something like do a search in Google and pick a random URL - maybe am wrong.
    It picks a random word from the article (sometimes a phrase), does a search on a search engine and once a result is returned, makes a link of the word/phrase instead of using urls from the generic_urls.dat
  • @Sven - so you are saying it picks a random word or phrase from the article such as "blue widget" and then it searches for "blue widget" in Google and then it hyperlinks "blue widget" in the article with URL bluewidgetwebsite.com?

I havent seen anything like that working. All i see it do is use URLs from generic_urls.dat
    strange. It worked for me...do you have any problems with search engines ('blocked)?
  • No search engines are not blocked
  • ihave problem mr.Sven, No targets to post to (maybe blocked by search engines, no scheduled posting) ? can help me?

edited February 2016
    tanyaapip thats a different problem not realted tho this thread. Please search the forum as this has been discussed many times.
    londonseo i would need to have a project backup again to see what might be the issue.