Skip to content

Code Your Own Engines Or Improve Them

Many of us are trying or would like to try to code or improve their own engines or the existing ones but there aren't many resources on this besides a few threads from @OZZ that isn't anymore and the script manual.

It would have been nice a macro recorder for this do you think it will be available  @Sven , i know this has been asked many times but in my opinion this is the missing piece that would ease everyone's work and leave less of a footprint when submitting.

If this isn't possible maybe you could do a screen cast every time you modify or ad a new engine and post them on a section in the forum . I think many of us would like that and many could start coding and sharing their own twist 

What do you think @Sven ?

Comments

• There is a lot of resources already on the forum, and even more in the engines folder of SER.
    It's really easy, did you even try?
  • Just started andrzejek it was just an idea and yes i also use the engine folder as an example.

The macro recorder would help very much and the videos would be the second best choise because Sven is already improving the engines and by recording and posting them in the forum would make a better understanding.

If you have experience andrzejek with this maybe you could start a thread and help the beginners to code their own engines, post some resources and make a guide

• All you need is experience, code, then code, then code more, everything you need is already here. imho its good theres no such thing like macro recorder, you should understand that keeping engines private is a win for you. easier it comes to code - more engines are spammed to death.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I know Im saying this for quite some time now, but the Editor with macro recording and such is on it's way. I have to finish other things first but then this might be the next one to add. It's already working in a basic form for me.
  • I know Im saying this for quite some time now, but the Editor with macro recording and such is on it's way. I have to finish other things first but then this might be the next one to add. It's already working in a basic form for me.

WOW this would be killer Sven! Hope to see it soon. 
    Will it be another program, or part of SER?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    part of SER as a stand alone editor would not sell I guess. And customers waiting for this way to long to let them pay for it.
  • That would be great @Sven because it would ease your work also (we could update and share scrips in the community) and footprints would be different for everyone.

Not trying to be pushy here but when do you think this could happend @Sven ?

I understand where you're going with this but until a certain point , for the basics i don't see it that way andrzejek  after that how you customize your script is your choice keeping things private isn't my way of thinking . 

The more people coding and sharing  the better , it's a win win situation (Sven can focus on other things and aspects of the software and you could do things differently just by seeing and customizing what other members have done to their scripts) 
  • @bogdan i love to share, really i do, you can find my snippets for writing engines on the forum, really cool stuff, but when it comes to engines itself - it's kind of different. I know from experience that when engine becomes public it dies in no time. It's not like i want to keep everything for myself, but take a look from other point. Someone is investing time into coding a script, debugging increasing success rate etc. then all the others just click a button and spam it to death, then engine slowly dies, and noone profits in the long-term.

Sharing how it can be done= big yes,
    helping, giving advices like @sven do = big yes,

but doing everything on your own and then sharing the script= 3x no
  • Agree with you andrzejek  100% on this one not spoon feeding everything don't get me wrong i couldn't said it better that's what i was saying sharing the basics but how you customize everything else is your problem

Let's see what @Sven No Sleep has to say about this.
  • A platform trainer would be useful, especially for me as I don't know how to code engines and don't really have the time to dedicate to learning how to do it.

However, I'd have to agree with @andrzejek on this one. It's great to share in the community and that, but as he says, as soon as you do the engines will become next to useless. I only run custom engines, and as soon as they get added to SER I stop using them in my projects and move on.

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited February 2016
    Very good news @Sven :)
  • Just been reading this thread for first time! Really lookign forward to the platform trainner.

You should do a little marketing push when you do release it and let people know bcause something like this would need to be advertised because it would be a game changer! :)