Skip to content

Using SER for index links, it's better to leave the nofollow engines or not?

I'm now using SER just for indexing purpose, and I'm wondering if to leave the nofollow engines or, like I always did in the past, to uncheck them.

I was thinking that the nofollow engines are very much, they don't pass juice but maybe for indexing thay can be useful.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I wouldn't look so much on the dofollow/nofollow thing anymore. It's a fact that G. e.g. follows the links anyway but of course uses them differently in there ranking algo.
    We will never know how but building just dofollow links is not natural in my eyes.
  • Thanks Sven for your reply.
    Actually, (before) I agree with you, but just today I got a reply on another forum that make sense and I'm now thinking that no-follow are almost useless... almost.
    I copy here that reply, it can be interesting for other people here to read it, above all that study linked.

Actually googlebot does not crawl nofollow links so they are pretty useless even for indexing.

But this is not decisive, some people say SOMETIMES google bot crawls nofollow links.

I think googlebot does not crawl nofollow links.

This study says googlebot does not crawl nofollow links https://www.searchlaboratory.com/201...ks-experiment/
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes it might not crawl it but it sees the links and that alone is enough to rank that link higher.