Skip to content

Anyone else having problems with mail.ru this days?

They were highly reliable since 1-2 days ago when they begin to give login errors when they are used in gsa.
Anyone having this issues. What are other cheap mail solutions out there.
Thanks!

Comments

• gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    host your own email server
  • gsa8mycows Its a sollution I am thinking about but I have 20-30 new projects daily. I was tinking about a catchall solutions but I would need a lot of diferent domains
    edited December 2015
    Not really, subdomains is all you need and a couple of domains. All you need is to properly setup a mail server + webstack to manage it from, add proper mail server dns record to your mail server.

I'm not sure how email blacklisting works, but I assume they dont catch domain patterns, instead go for exact emails like spammy@yahoo.com.

On your spam mail domains/subdomains, all you need are MX records pointing to your mail server.

Eg. spamdomain.gsa-online.de in MX 1 mail.gsa-online.de

or something like that.

If you're good at scripting, you can probably add thousands of subdomains with the DNS manager's api(like cloudflare or namecheap, if applicabe).

I can't program well, so I found a mail scipt, installed it on a test machine twice, learnt about the dns records needed for it and mail clients to work(eg gsa ser and thunderbird). Now it's running a vps dedicated hosting the mail server. Mail-in-a-box might be of interest to you. I'm not using that one.
    I'm recommending it self-hosting because catch-all hosts charge ridiculous fees for a couple of mailboxes.

You can find cheap vps-s for mail servers. My server has 2GB ram, but it's cheaper than most hosts' 512MB-1024MB ram plans.
  • @gopo2k

They tend to burn out after a couple weeks of heavy gsa usage. You just need to buy some more. I get them for like 5$ from this russian site
  • I also get my accs from buyaccs.com.

They have an English version of the site, and if you have any problems with dead accounts they will replace them for you.