Skip to content

Catchall email

How effective is using the catchall email vs buys  pre-made email accounts?

Comments

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    First of all, you can use a single catchall across multiple projects where as you need a different disposable email for each project. In fact, if you have a lower tier VPS, you can probably use just 1 catchall in all your projects.

SER handles catchalls nicely and creates a unique email handle for each submission. What's even better is that it will match the email handle to the first name / last name fields used during account creation.

For example, an account might look something like this:
    • First Name: Anna
    • Last Name: Black
    • Email: annablack@yourcatchall.com

SER can also match verification emails with different projects.

Also, many sites block registrations for public emails. However, your catchall will work just fine. If you're clever, you can get more target sites that are much less spammed by using catchalls.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    edited December 2015
    Just don't forget that if you put all your project's emails in 1 catchall email account, SER will have problems going through thousands of emails digging and sorting which email belongs where. It's an old issue talked about.

I self-host now my catchall domains and make a subdomain for each project. Works fine.

> In fact, if you have a lower tier VPS, you can probably use just 1 catchall in all your projects.

@hinkys

Are you the same guy from bhw with the in-outbound link extract thread? If yes, thanks.

Btw, you might want to ask your host(DC) to remove your contact info from your /29. They do that on request.
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    @gsa8mycows
    Yeah I am and np, glad you found it useful.