Skip to content

Google Images SEO - any one tried?

Hi, Has anyone tried focussing their SEO efforts on Google Images? I hadn't considered it, until I saw this site called cunningbailey(.)com appearing very often when you search for anything related to shoes... Eg try search for 'Nike air max white' on Google Images and most of the top 20 or so results point to cunningbailey(.)com..

This appears to be a hacked site and then it redirects the user to their store page, which seems to change its URL almost every day to something else.

Anyone ever tried to rank for images only? I'm not sure it would work for my niche but I may try it.

Comments

• It was easy a while back 1-2 years ago, but I don't bother any more as I'm not in relevant niches. You can add a lot of content to image files, particularly the way WordPress shows it.
  • Yes this still works, as I mentioned, add content, alt tag, make sure on-page of URL is spot on and blast. Easy niche (home accessory) but just got an image file to #2 from #23 (URL was at 23). 
  • +1 what @judderman says

@Spunko2010 have you moved to Switzerland?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @davbel yes, I made so much from black hat SEO that I moved here for tax reasons.

(In truth just was out there and haven't updated my profile since)
    edited October 2015
    Oh wait, it doesn't even mention it in my profile. Very strange. I guess it is using some sort of location tracking? God knows.

Thanks @JudderMan. I will try it shortly in a better niche.
  • No probs, my mate runs a home lighting (not really accessories as mentioned above) business and just tweaked his images and it's doing OK now. I have 5 of his images in the top 5 now just from adding content, done no link-building yet as the site isn't quite finished but wanted to check that GImages was still easy and it seems to be.

I'm assuming po rrrn would be the best for CTR. 
    Interesting.... When you say add content, can you give an example? Sorry I'm a bit slow. Where do you add the content specifically?