Skip to content

Extra Data

Need a bit of help. The manual for GSA email spider say:

¨Extra data can be anything you will be interested in like the address or customers name. Of course this information is not available on each result and needs you to configure it.¨

But there is not any suggestion on how to program for address or customers name and/or no check box.

Really trying to wrap my head around this tool and understand how to operate it to achieve scraping for address or customers name. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

See it as a custom extration. There you have to define what to look for in the html source to cut in front/back to get the data. IF you have the email extracted and it is on the source in this format:

...<div class="company">Company: GSA</div><div class="mail">blahha@mail.com</div>...

Now you want to extract the company name...you would simply define in Extra Data...

front:  <div class="company">Company

back:</div>

I hope this clears things up a bit.

• Thanks for helping Sven and yes it has cleared everything and gave me a new understanding on how to use the Extra Data function  
  • @sven, how can i get more than 1 field of extra data? I need to get name and also city in a listing. Please assist. Thanks!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats not possible. You can extract just one extra field
  • Thanks Sven