Skip to content

What are Url Shortners And Trackbacks?

I'm considering adding URL shortners and trackbacks in my tier 3 projects. Can someone please give me a little more info on the two as far as what the end result would be? Are the shortners just traditional url shortners like bitly? 

Is it worth adding these two types of links in a tier 3 project?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>What are Trackbacks?

That are a special types of links that usually blogs exchange. If one blog writes about the same topic and places a link to another one, it is allowed to post a link back to the original blog as a reference. So that blog holds links about the same topic. This is a very old SEO tecnic and I have no idea if that still works. Of course you get links but if they are good/bad for SEO is another topic.

> Are the shortners just traditional url shortners like bitly? 

Yes, they are not that much of a use if you do not use the created link in a next tier or somehow use that link anywhere else. If you have a tier 4 linked to that url-shortener creating project then it's fine.

>Is it worth adding these two types of links in a tier 3 project?

Yes when it comes to url shoerteners if you use the links anywhere else. However I would use that in tier1 maybe.

• @sven Thanks that helps a lot, I'll throw some shortners in my Tier 2 projects.