Skip to content

hosting shutdown my catchalls

edited January 2013 in Need Help
hi everyone.  my hosting shutdown my all of my catchalls.  I had several as I was doing several projects.  For a huge operation what are you guys doing or what would you suggest for emails.  Is hotmail still viable.  Any help with this would be great. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Which hosting company?
  • oh wow,  really?  I have over 20 servers with them all using catchall.  That would suck.  :/
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Not doing catchalls, but I find it surprising that Hostgator would do that.
  • Well I wouldn't use hostgator for something like that (talking about ONLY using them for catchall and nothing else)... On a first complain from some webmaster, and proof that you were spamming from like stop forum spam or sumething my guess would be hostgator (or any such host) would stop that and close account for spamming. Just use any host that you can find suitable for your needs that you can find for $2-3-4 or so and avoid famous ones for that purpose...
  • @krushinem Shared host?

I assume @Hunar you use dedicated?
  • yes it is shared;  I am just totally considering going back to the the hotmails that I used in the beginning even though setting each project is so tedious as I can't get the instructions to work on this post. 
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1168/ability-to-use-macros-for-email-settings
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What domains are you using??
  • No, I don't have dedi's for my hosting.   simply because if all my server(s) get shut down there goes all my income for that day.  I like that if a server goes down well I have 19 others that are still making me money.  I used the shared hosting as well. 
  • I use one hotmail for all my projects. why is that a bad idea?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @thisisalex - It's bad because if that hotmail gets all over the forum spam sites, you will need to change the email on every single project, instead of just one.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Getting on those spam lists, nasty for submissions rates :D

All of mine are plastered on those lists

I checked one the other day. Three months without being swapped out. Its listed well :D

• ronron SERLists.com
    I knew LeeG would have something smarty pants to say.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Moi is innocent :D

• When using a catchall.... how do you check if your email is on the spam lists?
  • edited January 2013
    +1 for nicerice's question. Especially when you use spintaxed very random emails. When I use http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx my catchall-domain isn't blacklisted. As far as I know does stopforumspam only list email adresses.
  • Bump... need to know how to check catchall's for blacklisting.. anyone know?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    There was a thread where LeeG detailed a lot of info on what get's things blacklisted and different aspects. Might have to ask him to post the link, as I don't have the thread on hand. 
  • "

Getting on those spam lists, nasty for submissions rates

All of mine are plastered on those lists

I checked one the other day. Three months without being swapped out. Its listed well
    "

for me, same as LeeG....... who cares. like he said: swap everything, just takes 5 posts to be in another black list again......