Skip to content

How to verify links after project has been deleted?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hello,

I know how to verify links on existing projects, which is simply right clicking and selecting the URLs to verify. However, I have deleted a few projects (intentionally), but now I need a way to pull up the verified links from the auto-generated text files and verify them. 

What is the best way to go about doing so?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    import them into an existing project that also had the URL in project options. Click Show URLs->verified URLs->right click on the box -> Import...
  • Hi Sven,

Thanks for the reply. However, I must not be doing something correctly.

When I right click on a project name and select "Show URLs," my only choices are: Submitted, Verified, Show left Target URLs.

If I select "verifed," then I do not see an option to Import URLs. 

Can you please assist further.

Thanks again.
  • hi there show urls, verified,right click again import verifed urls, (chose appropriate action), select the urls that you want verified and then verify on the bottom between pr update and index check,  hope it helps. 
    @sabaidee, you forgot to right click ont he list that shows the verified urls.
  • Ahh, got it now. I simply needed to right click on the window of verified URLs.

Thanks guys.

• After just trying what was listed here, there were no URLs imported.

I selected "import verified URLs"..."from file" and then I selected a file that I had earlier exported from a different GSA project. However, no additional URLs showed up when I did that...like nothing happened. I also tried importing from clipboard, which didn't work either.

I assume the format was correct because I just left it exactly in the same format that GSA exported in.

I thought I had this solved, but I still am not quite there???

Thanks,

Deron
    The file has what format now text or csv?
  • I don't know if this is is the case or not.  From my experience I haven't been able to import an exported list back into gsa-things might have changed-I always  just import back a list of urls only-when I was actually doing what you are trying to do.  So just use a text file with urls only.  Again haven't ever been able to import a list back in with all the metrics. 
  • Krushinem,

Thanks for the tip. Seems that it was the same problem I am having, which is odd considering I am only trying to import back in the same format it was exported. 

Anyway, I will try just the URLs alone.

Thanks.
  • I also am unable to export and import urls into different projects on the same machine or from another machine.  I have tried with both CSV and TXT but neither seems to work.  I can Copy and Paste the URLs from one project to another but that doesn't keep all of the information.

What is the recommended way to do this?  Thank you.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can you guys also test if you are able to export working proxies to .txt file and then reimport them. For me it won't reimport if I've exported and wanted to see if others have same issue. 
  • @ambition, I took the previous advice and have deleted all other info except for the URL to import, which is working okay. Not ideal, but at least I can use the same URLs.
    fixed something here and there for upcoming version
  • Seems to be working now for me!