Skip to content

GSA SER - disk consumption

Hi. I have a problem. Tried to search solution, but with no success. Where do GSA save files while running? My disk had 20GB free space 2 days ago. Now is only 6GB. What's the problem? Where?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

files are stored in c:\users\<login>\appdata\roaming\gsa search egnine ranker

if you need that on a different path, then you have to give SER the folder in the command line as paramater.

• I have found the problem and the solution (no exactly solution). On windows 10 while running GSA SER windows is making it's own files (don't know if it's for sure) and those files are in windows folder. I just wiped those files and then I had 20GB of space back. Those files are probobly error report files, probobly!
  • Yer a brave man running ser on windows 10
  • What do you mean?
    what content are the windows 10 files of?
  • Temporary files. I think they are being made while GSA were running. While GSA SER is not running disk space is stable.

As BigGulpsHuhWelp said, is it risky to run GSA SER on windows 10?
  • Well, I think Windows 10 is pretty much a spy-OS
  • yeh, I heard that, but what can it do?
  • Install ccleaner

Most people say windows 10 is a spy-os, but they are using facebook, twitter or any other social network (no sense). Even google is spying us.
    @ALEEGS you are right on one point here. Most people reading this spy news for Windows 10 don't see that android and all there apps are spying the same way or worse. Anyway, I would not feel comfortable using windows 10 (im also not using a pre installed android or anything alike) as it is sending M$ almost everything you type in. It's not only about facebook and crap alike.