Skip to content

Auto-recheck of proxies

Could you please add a function that enables you to auto-recheck the proxies in the list every x amount of minutes and to auto remove the non working ones, that way to ensure there are always fresh proxies in the list.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats what already happens!?
  • edited June 2015
    Hmm, my settings could be wrong.. I want it to recheck for proxies every 1 minute and then verify them but as you can see there are still proxies from hours ago in the list that it is not re-verifying and if i go to check them manually they do not work.  Are these settings right?

Well that 1minute is way to less. You would ping/test the proxies to death. Anyway it is checking for new proxies, then tests all to your setup and then it waits 1 minute before doing all again.
  • Is there a way you can maybe set the re-check proxies to something separate from the search for proxies function?  That way i'd be able to set it to check the current proxies in the list every x minutes.  Right now I set the search limit to 20 minutes but It is still not re-checking the proxies I already have.  It is scraping new proxies, testing them but not re-checking the proxies that are already in the list.
    well thats practically impossible. Right now I have a list of many thousand proxies. Checking each one every minute would mean that I have to start that many threads. And that will kill your cpu and memory usage very fast.
  • It would be cool to have it tell us the last time the proxy was checked.  The alive time is nice, but I also want to know the last time it was checked.
    You have that as well. Right click on the header and you can choose that. It's not shown by default.
  • Nice.  I didn't know that option existed.  Maybe a friendlier format similar to alive.  To look at each one I have to hover over them individually.