Skip to content

Maximising Efficiency - Using CB & Secondary Service

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Need Help
As you know, I'm trying to maximise efficiency, and was wondering about a captcha issue. 

If I want all captchas that have a lower than 10% solve rate to get sent to decaptcher && skipped by CB), do I just:
1) Enable external captcha service as secondary option? 
2) In CB settings, set skip below 10%. 

Questions:
1) I have custom retry set to 5. So for all captchas in my project it will try them up to 5x. But what about the ones below 10% solve rate, these will get skipped by CB and passed to secondary service. Will they get sent 5x or only 1?
2) is it better to set secondary service with GSA SER or CB? (It's just I read about using decaptcher, and it's not linked to CB, so we can get a cheaper rate if we use it through CB) - does it make a difference?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) of course CB receives this 5 times unless you checked the box to send it to a service than it gets solved and send back. However this behavior is changed in upcoming version. The program tries to solve the captcha as often as possible and in last try it sends it to the service.

2) Might be better to use the second option in SER.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven -

1) I understand that if you check 5 times it will try 5x! BUT I wanted to know if it is sent to a service, will it get attempted multiple times or just 1? (i.e. is a service treated differently)
    2) Why is it better to use 2nd option in SER than CB?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) CB does not know how often the program wants to retry it (not now...but soon). So it makes of course it will send the captcha to the service as it does not know if the program is sending another one or not.

2) because of point 1.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks. I know understand a little better. :-)