Skip to content

Extremely slow boot up on SER...

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
Hi, Has anyone ever seen this? For the past 1-2 weeks I have noticed that SER is really slow to open, after a fresh reboot of the server. I am running CB and SEI and they open instantly.

Sometimes it can take up to 10 minutes to open SER. Clicking the icon again just shows the 'sorry, can only open this programme once' dialog error. Is there something I can do to make it quicker to open?

On my other 3 VPSes it is fine, it seems only 1 is slow. They all run the latest version.

Comments

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Yes i have same issue on all my vps's, specially on large GSA projects, it sometimes takes many minutes to load gsa ser.

Maybe @sven can look at spead up things
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    does that 1 VPS has maybe projects being very big? Also maybe check the number of proxies...maybe thats too high as well and slows down loading. Another problem might be the serpcloud api...do you use that?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @sven

1) no serpcloud

2) I have same number of projects on this VPS as I've had for 100+ days.

3) Proxies, maybe this is the reason. I have recently added more proxies.. I have about 250. But why would it slow it down? Are you saying that the proxies are tested on each boot of SER?

2) what size are the *.prj files?

3) 250 is no problem. But I sometimes have customers with like 1million of public proxies in it and thats of course a bit slow on startup.

A million proxies????????? :S

.PRJ between 500kb and 5MB generally.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited June 2015
    My project folder is 93.8 GB >:P  \AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects
    Don't use serp cloud
    1000 - 2000 proxies reloading every 15 min

Starting GSA ser takes anything from 5 - 10 min. However when starting up it does not even use 25% of CPU resources or RAM
    So I guess it's some project causing this!? Can you guys try to move the files out of the project folder and slowly put them back in until it starts to slow down? I would need the files then to debug and maybe improve it.
    @royalmice where are you getting 2000 proxies, are these public?
  • I have the same problem, take 5 minutes to open. No projects, its an clean instalation :/
    @Sven I have 12 vps with GSA ser and they all take a while to load GSA SER if you want i can do a test tomorrow and show you how long each of the 12 gsa ser's take to load . Removing projects and adding one by one is not a option for me as all my machines have 100+ projects each so it take me forever. 

I will test tomorrow and then if you want i will share remote desktop settings of the one that takes the longest. and maybe you can take a look via Remote desktop.

@spunk02010 -- i use Buyproxies
    @royalmice OK sounds like a plan.