Skip to content

[HELP] Restore Accidentally Deleted Projects

Hi Guys, do you know how to recover the deleted projects? I deleted all of my projects and I don't have any back up left. Please help :(

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Use a tool called GetDataBack
  • i'll try that.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Would system restore option not work?
    no, as the file was deleted physically. The only chance he has is getting it back when finding a copy of the File allocation table and that still holds the *.prj file and it's sectors where it is stored + the sectors have not been overwritten with something else.
  • @sven, where can I find the file? I am not sure where I should look and what I am looking at. Appreciate all the help!
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited June 2015
    @shadir41

The project files are all kept in the appdata folder --- path looks something like this:  C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects

sometimes the appdata folder is hidden, so just go to C:\Users\your username\      and if you dont see appdata folder, then just type it in the address bar like so: C:\Users\your username\AppData      and it will open the appdata folder, then follow the path like i gave at the top
  • @Sven, how can I use this tool GetDataBack to retrieve it?

I deleted the projects on the GSA SER window, not sure if there's an undo button.

@royalmice followed your advice, didn't found any on that folder.

appreciate all the help guys :)
    you would run that program and then it asks how to locate files. You can pick a profile for undelete or something. Then it should show you a tree with found files...search for *.prj files and restore the whole folder.
  • Well, I did get the old projects. Problem is, not one of them has the data :( Will probably start from scratch.
    hmm which data in detail? If you mean the submitted/verified links then you have to look for *.verify and *.success files.
  • @Sven the projects itself. Data like like links, website title, articles, checked engines.

Or I should look for other folders for that?

well didn't you find anything? The original folder where data is stored is:

c:\UserData\<YOUR LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Projects\

• @sven, I found it. but once I pasted it in the proper folder in GSA SER, some of them have no data and zero links (submitted and verified).

• edited June 2015
    Here's a sample of what I was talking about http://tinypic.com/r/afbog7/8
    OK then Im sorry, the block on harddisk with the original data must have been overwritten then.
    I think u will just need to start over... and recreate all the projects again.
  • @royalmice I did start over, still working on it every-single-day.

@sven, maybe we can request an undo feature or auto-back up feature?

Appreaciate all the help!

• can someone advise me how to restore accounts deleted in GSA, not projects
    how did you delete?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited June 2020
    @Shadir41: You can easily write a batch file (.bat) and set it to run at scheduled times through Windows.
    Batch files are fun and easy. Even if you are not into programming.
    Save the files on a separate drive, if you have one. (D:, F:, etc.)
    Also, make backups onto sticks and memory cards.
    Download your ENTIRE server if you're using a VPS. Do this periodically.
    I have a separate drive just for GSA backups. I keep a 12 and 24 hour backup.
    Initially, I had it doing backups of the last seven days, last week, but it was way too much space.
    Ironically, with all these backups, I wasn't backing up my system browser bookmarks and I lost years of research into everything. Oh well. :(