Skip to content

Proxy Rotation - Timer

Hello,

Is it possible to add a timer for proxy rotation on this software? I cannot work with this if proxy IP changes every request. I need like 30 seconds, if possible timer could be set by the user. Like change proxy every [24] seconds. Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited June 2015
    ok will add added that.
  • edited June 2015
    For real? I sure buy it !  Let me know when It comes out so I can test it.
    it's already out. Almost the minute I posted it here I have released a new version.
  • edited June 2015
    Now I see! Thanks! I will test and then buy it for sure. You guys are good, I got about 4 softwares from GSA. My friends too, they all like GSA and have some software.
  • Its not changing proxy every 30 seconds, It changes every time I request a URL, like before. Any solutions?
    well it changes the proxy when it sees that it has been down, but thats the only situation here. Or how do you use it for what purpose?
  • edited June 2015
    I use it to scrape data from a website with captcha breaker.  source
    But they detect if I change IP at the same request, So I use 30 seconds because thats the time to get data from this search.
    really, I tested this today and itds working. Maybe use a higher number here like 60 so you make sure it is not inbetween the switch
  • Ok I tested @ www.whatsmyip.org and IP address changes every second or refresh.
    Set @ 60 seconds and changes IP address everytime. 
    Just did a fresh install on new machine and it wont work.
    Am I missing something? Enable this "timer" button or something?
    oh wait...a change on this setting needs you to stop/restart the internal proxy server. Thats something I have to change.
  • I dont understand what you mean. Let me know when it works, so I would test and buy it. Thanks
    I mean after you change the values for the proxy server (like the rotation time), you have to click the box to disable and then enable it again. This however is fixed in next update.
  • It does not rotate for 30 seconds, it rotates every 1 second perhaps. I dont know why it doesnt follow the Option to change "only" after 30 seconds and not every second or every request. Please help me, I need this. Thaks
    im sorry but i can't see anything being wrong here. have you entered 30 in that box? And do you use the latest version?
  • Yes, 30 is default settings, I changed to 45 seconds. I clicked activate internal proxy server many times, tested a lot of times. It does apply this settings, also proxy scrapper crashes many times. I´m using windows 8.1 pro. Where do you check the current IP/proxy being used? Is it possible to highlight the proxy that is currently being used? I set up chrome with proxy settings 127.0.0.1:8080 and checked whatsmyip.org pressing F5. Every time / second I press the IP changes.I can relate the IPs from the proxies lists, but the problem is it does not stay with the same proxy for 30,40 seconds. It rotates ignoring this setting.
    ok that page gives me a new ip as well and ignores my setting. However I can not debug this now (10:30pm here) but I will tomorrow and reply here.
    also this "crashing"...how does that look like? Do you get a bugreport window?
  • Yes bug report, to send info to you. Tomorrow you check then. Thanks
    found the problem. PS will use a new proxy every time some error was happening, even if that error was on the webserver not just the proxy. Will be fixed in next update.
  • edited June 2015
    The rotation works. Thanks! Just bought it
  • Is it possible to add next update an option to get proxies in order they appear on the list instead of random pick?
    what use would that have?
  • To use private proxies in rotation order, so they don´t repeat and cause blocking. thanks
    well random proxy is not enough for you? It has to be in sequence? 
  • If possible this feature in future, some data scrapping websites have rate limits. I am using some private proxies, so don´t want to get blocked. Also it would be nice to highlight the active proxy or show which one is active. These are just some suggestions. Thanks