Skip to content

Never really understood anchor text % with SER

I have casually been using GSA SER for a while now, but I never fully understood each anchor text % and how they collectively fit together. I check the verified links and filter by anchor text and generally the %s seem come out as something around what I'm looking for so I guess it always seems to work out for me anyway lol. But could anyone help enlighten me? 

Like the main anchor text box, there is no percentage box beside that which you can alter so what determines how much those main kws are used ? And what exactly happens when all the anchor text percentages collectively go over 100% ? Also the URL variation and anchor text variation options, if I put 100% for them doesn't that just mean whenever my domain/url is used (say 30% in settings) that it will 100% of the time randomly possibly mix up the URL's cases for letters ? 

For the sake of simplicity let's just say I only have 1 keyword in my anchor text box

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited June 2015

Like the main anchor text box, there is no percentage box beside that which you can alter so what determines how much those main kws are used ?

No, because the remaining % when counting all the other anchor texts types together is the % used for the main anchor text.

And what exactly happens when all the anchor text percentages collectively go over 100%? 

You get an error message that something isn't right here ;)

Also the URL variation and anchor text variation options, if I put 100% for them doesn't that just mean whenever my domain/url is used (say 30% in settings) that it will 100% of the time randomly possibly mix up the URL's cases for letters ? 

Yes