Skip to content

[Article Feature Request] More Natural Looking Submissions

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited December 2012 in Feature Requests
I've been relooking at the web2.0's and articles we submit. I've manually placed an external link in the articles but it leaves such a big footprint, as the macro is in the same place so the link always appears in the same place in the article.

Would it be possible to have an option, where we we can:
1) Import a number of authority external links, or set a .txt file with them in it.
2) Select number of occurrences. (i.e.1, 2, 3, etc)
3) Select anchor that it auto hyperlinks on. (again, also with option of using a macro/.txt file)

What this means is:
You have a file of external links, & a file of external anchor texts that it can use to place the external links on in the article when it finds them.

When submitting an article, GSA SER, finds where the external anchor phrase appears, and hyperlinks it with an external link, however many times you set occurrence to.

What this means is that the external link will be nicely randomised in each article and this will look WAY more natural, than if it is always in the same spot. 

I'm almost certain, that the big G has a means to track where in the article links are being placed...after all, so much of spam articles are about the links, it's only very logical that the first thing that G should assess is 1) where the links point to, 2) how many links, 3) and where in the article they appear. This must surely be the best way of determining if an article is spun, as the external link will generally remain in the same position, as most software only moves the anchor text link around the article, not the external link. 

@sven - would this be possible?

Tagged:

Comments

• +100 Now this is a really good idea ;). Having random placement of authority links would really help further the authencity of our submissions. It would be easy to set up with an option for each project navigating to the text file and selecting volume and placement via anchor text, really beneficial.
  • +1 on that one for me too... it only makes sense to be fully random where possible to ensure 'human' quality links.
  • + 10 for this .. it's very important.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Hmm let me see if I managed to get what you requested...

You want to place the like on a random position within the article. But thats already happening if the anchor text is on multiple places. The program will than see how many times that anchor text is appearing and choose a random position on where to place the link (but of course only if you didn't already have inserted one on your own).

• @sven we are talking about placing authority links randomly within the article in addition to our actual money site urls. We of course can already do this with normal operation but what we can't do is load up a text file with other unconnected but related websites and choose how many of these additional links are placed contextually.

An authority link example would be Wikipedia.
  • @Sven - The idea is to build links to sites like Wikipedia too and these links should be placed randomly. Anchor text to money site is placed randomly but links to Wikipedia are always placed in the same location... leading to an obvious footprint.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

ok makes sense. But than someone has to define..

1. URLs + for each URL a anchor text which is also in the article

2. define how many of these to insert

right?

• @sven;

1. Yes, preferably a new 'authority link' box with the option of loading from a text file or inputting manually as is similar to the anchor text boxes currently.

2. Yes a box to input the instances to occur should the text be found within the article.

Merry Christmas by the way! :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - this would be super useful! It's very similar to the current feature of choosing an anchor text link, but this time, it allows us to specify an EXTERNAL file of links. (These could either be authority sites, like wikipedia, or different links you want to promote.)

As stated:

Would it be possible to have an option, where we we can:
    1) Import a number of authority external links, or set a .txt file with them in it.
    2) Select number of occurrences. (i.e.1, 2, 3, etc)
    3) Select anchor that it auto hyperlinks on. (again, also with option of using a macro/.txt file)

For example I want all my articles, to have 2 random external links to wikipedia with the anchor either "external anchor 1" or "external anchor 2". What it does, is select 2 (as specified by pt 2) urls' from the EXTERNAL links .txt file (pt1) , and then finds 2 RANDOM external anchor text ocurrences (as specified by pt3) and converts these to external links (from pt1 file). Thus, you article has 2 random external links, on 2 random anchors you chose.

This makes it look SO much more natural! 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Would this be possible to add? The current workaround I'm using is very clumsy. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'd love to see this feature added in the future. Currently, I'm hard coding all my articles, but it still leaves such a footprint as all the external links are in the same place. It's just screeming at Google saying it's automated. 

I reckon Google must check link position and link target as a measure of uniqueness, since there aren't too many links in an article and it's the biggest giveaway. Need to do some testing on this though. 
  • Well than all ezine articles must be "automated"....... the links is the same place in article and the authors dont use a outbout link to authority sites...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @thisisalex - look at how well Wikipedia rank for so many search terms. Google have repeatedly said they like "Academic style references with articles" - from the early days. In Wikipedia you'll see so many outbound links. 

I'm also not saying it's the only variable, but if Google scans your website and finds 1000 contextual type links pointing to your website, and in those 1000 links they are all in the same place in the article...it will raise a flag, even if the content is unique. 

• I know. I do OBL, too. in all projects, smaller staple sites or medium sized blogs..... and I am now going over to interlinking between pages.. thats work, only doing that on new sites...