Skip to content

Few Feature requests that I need so badly

Is there any way to import multiple ser files at a time ?

I got multiple backups of same projects. They got mixed somehow . I restored one of those and it showed around 2k links and then I restored the other one too thinking that the new ones will get appended to these 2k but in real these 2k got replaced by the 500 links of the same project.. I deleted the 2k links backup file and now I have only 5k links. I think while restoring projects if there are projects with same names then the links should be appended to them ot an option should be there while you want to remove earlier or want to append in them. ( I am sorry for being so long )

Is it possible that those links which get download failed option or unknown engine option or dead link or parked etc , can be removed from the list and saved to a separate file ? I know that some links give these errors some times and some times not. But there can be an option given to a user that can be checked if some one wants it intentionally. If unchecked it will not do anything to the current list. Actually I donot want to check the alive check or link status check again and again. 

I also want a similar option for emails. If I upload 100 emails and run the project and after sometime any email id gets banned or give any sort of login error then it should be unchecked automatically. This will avoid the error coming again and again.  You can give an option that can be checked in case if some is interested in this option

@Sven Hope you wont mind my requests. Sorry again for being so long.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    doing this when submitting would slow down things too much. The only option for you is using Options->advanced->tools->cleanUp.
  • @Sven that cleanup option is too slow and if my list is a little bigger like 2 lac or more than this option crashes Gsa Ser at the end of the process. 
    Actually I think what happens is this ( Correct me if I am wrong)
    Gsa SER picks a link from target or list == > tries to download ( if fails then it should be removed from the target and saved to a file ) if link downloaded then it checks the engine match ( if no engine matches then it should be too removed from list and saved to a given location ) 
    I think after these 2 steps the link is sent for submission. Is any of the error occurs to the link before sending to submission the submission will too get failed.

Plz can you tell me also about the other feature requests,  Are they possible or not ?
  • One more thing that I forgot to mention earlier in the thread that Can you please add email count too in email options so that we can see how many emails are there 

email count....will add it

saving failed urls: this would take many resources. sure its an option to e.g. keep a hash of the failed site list url in mind and remove it later on when clean up is done before the downlaod/check starts, but still it's a lot of work in the background and i think it will slow down the whole thing way too much.

• @Sven Plz have alook at these requests plz

I also want a similar option for emails. If I upload 100 emails and run the project and after sometime any email id gets banned or give any sort of login error then it should be unchecked automatically. This will avoid the error coming again and again.  You can give an option that can be checked in case if some is interested in this option

I got multiple backups of same projects. They got mixed somehow . I restored one of those and it showed around 2k links and then I restored the other one too thinking that the new ones will get appended to these 2k but in real these 2k got replaced by the 500 links of the same project.. I deleted the 2k links backup file and now I have only 5k links. I think while restoring projects if there are projects with same names then the links should be appended to them ot an option should be there while you want to remove earlier or want to append in them. ( I am sorry for being so long )

Thanks
    Yes this email setup should have changed long time ago. Will try to change it once I have a bit more time.
  • edited April 2015
    @Sven I am really sorry if I am disturbing you. Looks like you are too much busy. Plz reply to the second request too i-e of multiple backups and links lost while restoring.
    Here are the details again

hmm appending them...guess i can add it with a question box.
    next version will asked you to overwrite/skip/append
  • Thanks @Sven It will be great if you add overwrite all/skip all /append all along with overwrite/skip/append option too :) So that I may not have to click them again and again in case of many projects
    added for next release
  • Thanks @Sven . Waiting for the Release then . Awesome
  • edited April 2015
    @Sven Is it possible that I can uncheck all engines that require articles ?
    Just like the option you gave to uncheck all engines that require emails.
    yes, there is a popup menu entry for this when clicking on the listing in article manager.
  • @Sven I am talking about unchecking all engines at once that use article manager
    http://prntscr.com/6sqysa

• I will be very much thankful to you if you can add the features that  I requested in this thread. Desperately waiting.
  • @Sven Have you added the possible features from this thread ? I am waiting. Please add them. Thanks
    go to article manager tab->right click->uncheck engines...
  • @Sven SOrry for asking again but I am looking for restoring multiple backups (.ser) files at a time. And secondly It will be great if you add overwrite all/skip all /append all along with overwrite/skip/append option too while restoring backups So that I may not have to click them again and again in case of many projects
    thats already added in latest update.
  • Thanks Alot @Sven.
    I have got all the requested features. Thanks again for that. 
    But I am very sorry for one request. Looks like I am unable to explain it to you.
    I requested for multiple backups restore option i-e GSA SER can restore more than 1 backup ser file files at a time. Secondly the appending links problem. You have updated it but it is not working
    Here is the scenario
    I have a ser file ABC.ser and it has 20 projects with verified and submitted links. Now when I click on restore and select this file then GSA SER asks me still 20 times even I am selecting append all. It gives a message like this
    Project "A" exists already
    I click append all then again a message
    Project "B" exists already
    I click append all then again a message
    Project "C" exists already

and it goes on.

I want that when I click append then all projects append links.
    Thanks
    OK seems as I really made a mistake here...will fix it on next update.