Skip to content

Scrapebox to PI

I scape urls with keyword and footprints taken from GSA in scrapebox

when i put these into platform identifier it identifies about 30%-40% of these, should it not identify allot more 90%+ as i am using the gsa footprints to scrape with in scrapebox

thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You can try enabling "deep matching" to increase detection slightly, but no, 30-40% is probably normal using the standard footprints in SER, but that depends on the platform. Some footprints for certain platforms will return much higher % than others since they're more targeted.

When you run SER and let it scrape search engines by default, you will notice plenty of "no engine matches" that come through the logs .. it's just normal. If 90% identify rate was the norm for standard footprints in SER you wouldn't see many "no engine matches" in the logs.

If you were to separate and identify some of your platforms, you might see some get much higher detection rate than others because the default footprints are more targeted so better results are returned when scraping. 

• @s4nt0s

so should i do what i am doing,,

1. scrape in scrapebox with footprint and then refine in PI

2. scrape without footprints and refine in PI

3. scrape in scrapebox and NOT use PI to refine
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Using footprints is going to bring in more targeted results than not using them so you definitely want to scrape with footprints, then you can identify and sort with Pi as you have been doing or you can try to create your own footprints to scrape with.