Skip to content

Using PI on a different server + merging site files

The main reason I bought PI was so that I could do scraping and sorting on a separate machine, freeing up GSA to work on my main server.  However this means PI will be generating these site lists on a separate machine, so they need to be imported/merged with GSA sitelists.  Is there any available option to do this?

When using the "Import Site Lists" feature, I get an error "No Valid Archive Found".  In addition it seems to be looking for .sl files, while PI outputs .txt files.

Any recommendation on this?  Ideally one machine would be working on scraping and sorting, and once a complete sort is done it could easily be merged/appended to my global site lists.

Thanks!

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    HI, 

You can always try right clicking on the project > export to .SL. - This will produce a site list you can easily merge into your other site lists or you could use PI's output folder as your global sitelist for SER. 
  • @s4nt0s
    Hi, can i run PI on 2 PCs ?
    Licensing works the same as the other GSA products. You can't run it on 2 machines simultaneously with 1 license, but you can install it on both of your machines and switch back and forth if you want. 
  • edited April 2015
    how to remove duplicate domain in the project before exporting to .SL
    That's an option we're adding to the remove duplicates for the next update. There is a remove duplicate domains int he tools menu but it won't let you export as .SL.

For now, just import that into SER and dedup domains there in the advanced options > tools menu. 

Remove dup domains in Pi will come soon.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    edited April 2015
    how is PI working?
    when I tried the trial for 2 samples, it only identified 70 and 3 out of each project respectively.
    First sample ran for 2500 urls and I stopped the second sample after a 1000 urls.

I used PI "out of the box" if that matters, I haven't imported any engines.
    I thought that standard SER engines were present in PI.
    Yes, SER engines are standard in Pi. I'm not sure what you mean by 70 and 3 out of each project? 

Do you think there is an error? If so, you can send me that small sample lists via PM if you want, and I'll give it a test.