Skip to content

Repeated GSA Captcha Breaker Crash Error: System Error. Code 5 (Screenshot)

CartmanCartman UK
edited March 2015 in GSA Captcha Breaker
Hi, I am trialing out GSA SER and CB. I used GSA SER for a few hours before I realized that it wasn't communicating with CB and after some searching on the forums saw that running both as administrator (even though I am an admin) should fix it and indeed it did. SER was working perfectly up until then until I managed to get CB working. It ran for a few minutes and crashed giving this error report. Nothing else was running apart from SER and CB. I am running it on a VPS. Just before this error report it gave the standard do you want to continue with the countdown etc, send bug report (which I also did). I have attached a screenshot of the full error. I decided to go with the trial first because it is the first time I have used this software after many weeks of reading. I liked how GSA SER was working up until this point but I really need this CB crash problem to be fixed before I purchase it. Many thanks.

Comments

• I forgot to mention that after forcing CB to close I have tried it again several times and each time it runs for a few minutes and crashes.
  • CartmanCartman UK
    edited March 2015
    Now it's crashing and auto restarting and running and giving me two messages that this program can only be opened once. When I open task manager I see two CB processes. Weird.
  • Open both as Administrator, CB first.
  • Did you read my OP? I ran both as administrator.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    got that error and this crash had something to do with your license. Message me it in pm please or even better use your/mine email.
  • Hi Sven thanks for the reply. I have been reading up about GSA SER and CB for a long time now and always see you reply to problems personally, I really like that.

Regarding the license I don't know how I would find this because I am still trialing it as well as SER. Could you please explain what you mean by that?

Well I guess you try to use cracks or use cracks on your system (not nessesarily for GSA tools, each possible crack makes our tools crash randomly).
  • CartmanCartman UK
    edited March 2015
    Hi Sven.

Yes I do use a crack for a certain software for my studies (it didn't need to be installed just a lightweight portable application) but it's nothing to do with your products. I assure you that and I wouldn't send a bug report or even start this thread if it was otherwise. The cracked software isn't running when it crashes. Why is this the case and will deleting the other software that is cracked, fix the problem?

Edit: I removed it and tried GSA CB again and it is still crashing.
    well depends what your cracks do...I still find it a bit difficult giving support for anyone using cracks. Though indeed cracks of any kinds will influence GSA products. I am not going into details here though.
  • CartmanCartman UK
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the reply Sven. I understand and agree with you fully. I do not like using cracks however for my PhD the site license for this software cost multiple 000's of pounds and I only needed it for a few days.

No files for it needed to be installed as it was portable and it is now fully removed but CB is still crashing. I do not think it had anything to do with it. Like I said in my OP I want to purchase SER and CB (I have already purchased Scrapebox which is working fine) however I need this problem resolved before I do so. 
  • CartmanCartman UK
    edited March 2015
    Hi Sven,

I have created a new user with admin priveledges on my vps to give the vps technical support access so that he can investigate it however when he opens up CB it says demo expired, even though I am only 2 days into the trial and it opens fine on my user. This really frustrating me, I have been reading and watching for so long on how to use GSA SER and CB and finally when it comes down to me actually doing it, I am hindered by these petty problems.
  • CartmanCartman UK
    edited March 2015
    Hi Sven I installed a fresh OS and installed NOTHING but GSA SER and CB free trial from the GSA website and CB gave me the same crash. I sent the bug report. This is nothing to do with me but a bug in the software. After trying extensively to fix this problem I am afraid I cannot purchase this now as I really would have liked to.
    can you give me access to such a system to review this?