Skip to content

[Feature Request] - Use only public proxies in PR checking

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests

In my  testing , My private proxies get banned very fast when I use any PR filters in my projects. Public Proxies are very good for PR check but I need a way to use only public proxies ( any proxy with no username/password ) in PR checking. And use my private proxies in posting. I guess this will be very useful and will make GSA SER more Google friendly than it already is.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

+1 @mamadou - You are 1000% correct. Private proxies burn out lightning fast on PR checks or google index checks.

It makes complete sense for GSA to use different proxies for those two tasks. 

• +1 for this as well.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    +1 - see thread here for some more additions to improve this.

• edited January 2013
    @GlobalGoogler

I like your additions as well. Specially the ability to scrape for public proxies with limited results. Something like  ( scrape for XX amount of new public proxies every XX time ) to prevent our private proxies from getting lost in hundreds of public proxies.

@Sven , I know that you get lost sometimes in too many comments. Let me get this short for you , we have two suggestions here :

1- Use only public proxies in PR checking

2- Ability to limit the number of scraped public proxies

Is it possible to add those in SER any soon ?
  • +1 for both features!! Needed badly!!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Totally agree.. Fantastic. This is much needed!
  • + 1 for this 
  • +1 for both of these features.  My proxies tested work with Bing, but all of them say not working when I use Google. Wonder if they all have a temp ban from all the footprint scraping or something else.  Using private proxies to PR check would help.
  • edited January 2013
    @CreditDoc

>>> Using private proxies to PR check would help.

I guess you meant using Public proxies for PR check.

Cheers
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @creditdoc, that's why I am requesting a feature to have a dropdown with different tests. 
  • My proxies are melting very fast when i use PR filters ! and If I switch to public proxies I get way low submissions results. So I'm on the horns of a dilemma! both available options are so bad.

@Sven

is it really that hard to add these two features ?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    An important part of the solution is being able to setup 2 proxy sources. 1 is used for posting and scraping, and 1 source is used for PR checks. (Maybe on the proxy we can select which proxies are used for PR checking...i.e. tag them in some way)