Skip to content

How do I duplicate a project?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I can see the Duplicate option when I right click a project but I can't find how it works. Nothing in the manual.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Just click this option , choose a new name and make any necessary edits if you want then activate the project. That's it.
  • Yeah but nothing happens when I click duplicate...
  • It's working good in my vps. Try restarting the program or/and the vps/pc.
  • Hmmm weird. I am on 4.94. I have just restarted after installing windows updates and wanted to duplicate a project (for the first time).

I am clicking duplicate on the very top level project (not any inner tier), nothing happens
  • edited January 2013
    Okay, it works on an inner tier project but not a top level project group, so I can't copy an entire structure in one go.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Might be quite neat to be able to copy a whole group structure? 
  • Yes , you can't duplicate the entire structure ( tier 1 + tier 2 ..etc in one go ) you have to do it manually one by one then edit them to get the same structure again. I think it will be good if the program asks if you want to duplicate the entire tiers structures as it is or only the current selected project. It will be a good addition.
  • Agreed. I just did that myself mamadou. I will add it as a suggestion
  • ronron SERLists.com

But make sure you clear the traget URL cache and history for those new projects. At least that was has been said a bunch of times. If that is not correct, let us know. I've been doing that for each one though.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes it has been said but it is incorrect. A duplication is just duplicating the things you see when editing a project.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Thanks Sven. Sometimes things get repeated, and then it becomes accepted as the truth.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No problem @ron :)