Skip to content

thread/connections problem

edited January 2015 in GSA Email Spider
this is my setup. i am going after website urls not search engines.

url queue limit = 1,000
proxies = 50
threads/connections = 50
only going after emails, not phones or anything else.
i am accepting cookies
i am analyzing the head and body.
my proxies are buyproxies.org semi-private proxies.

the problem is the thread is not even close to 50. even though i set it on 50, the thread stays under 20, sometimes its 7 and next its 13 but nowhere near 50. I have had this problem before, i never set a url queue limit but i fixed it by setting the url queue limit to 1,000. but this time it did not fix it. any thoughts or ideas to fix this problem?

TLTR: set thread to 50, but thread stays at under 20.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    save the project and send it to me so I might debug and see what it is.
  • @sven sent you a pm with my project file.
    had debugged this and one thing seems to be strange. The URLs in queue are all the same!? Did you import a list of URLs?
  • edited January 2015
    yes, i imported 2 urls, only 2 urls. i am parsing everything on the domain, no external sites though. and i am also analyzing JavaScript for protected emails.
    hmm so the duplicate urls must have been added by the program you say?
  • edited January 2015
    yes, i only imported 2 urls/domain. i am parsing everything, so maybe it is going after every link even the ones that are similar or duplicates. but as far as what was imported, yes i only imported 2 urls/domain.
    Thanks for all. Was able to locate the issue now and fixed it in v7.17.
  • i have updated my gsa email spider to v7.17. unfortunately i am still having this problem. i still have all the same settings on, but this issue is still there.
    you still get duplicate urls in the queue?
  • no, i was talking about the thread/connection problem. but i think it is fixed now. i let it work for 1 full day and it looks like the threads are staying at 50 or close to 50. so the problem seems fixed.
    yes, guess you still had the old project with the duplicate urls loaded. This however should then be fixed on next project.