Skip to content

Which one is more accurate? Ser or Platform Identifier

I just made a small test.  I used GSA Ser to identify my small scraping list, and sort the platform.  After running 3 hours, I paused the Ser, then I imported the Drupal-Blog text file just sorted to GSA Platform Identifier, but I got the different result.   I am confusing now.  Which one is more accurate? s4nt0s 

Comments

• So you let SER sort and identify your harvested list.
    And you import results from Ser to Platform Identifier ?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Both of them identify and sort in the same way, but settings in PI might be set differently. You can check settings in PI to see download retries, timeout, etc.
  • @satyr85‌ yes, I let GSA ser identify and sort in, then I only used Drupal -blog result and imported it to platform identifier.
  • @s4nt0s‌ yes, actually I set 900 threads on Ser to identify with 180 timeout, 2 retry and skip proxies. I set in PI with 500 threads and others are the same in my setting. I am running them on dedicated server.
    @blackseocn - Please check my PM.
    edited December 2014
    Things changing:
    SER can sort the same URL to match multiple engines, while PI wasn't set to do this. It's taking a URL and after detection is done, it no longer checks for other engines.

So tomorrow we will work on a "full detection" and "single detection" feature so that user can pick how they want this to work. Full detection will work same as SER and sort the URL into multiple engines.

Other things we've added coming in next update:

- monitor projects are fully saved and resumed where they left off
    - option to backup and restore projects
  • Please, include proxy tool too!
  • blackseocn 
    You are doing in in wrong way.

Lest say you sort and identify some list using SER and put all results to identified.txt file. Than you sort and identify again this txt file using SER - you wont get 100% identified. Maybe thats why Platform Identifier also dont give you 100%.
  • @satyr85‌ Yes, I know that, but from the pic above you can see there are more than 40% unrecognized.
    @blackseocn - This was worked on today and next update will improve it a lot.
  • So is this still a good buy? Platform Identifier?
    You can download the free trial and test it out to see if its something you like it before you buy.
  • elaine -yes, it is good software if you do a lot of scraping and it will improve your ser performance. 

@s4nt0s- just want to know do you update the engines identification when Sven updates ser engines.  You know Sven updates ser frequently, and do you keep PI up-to-date?
    @blackseocn - Of course we do. Also, PI has an engines folder as well so if you ever needed to, you could copy SER engines over to PI for the latest. There is no need to do that because we keep it updated but ya its there if you need it. 
  • Do i still need it if i buy GSA lists? 
    @BlackCode - This is mainly for people that scrape their own lists and need to sort them.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I get the feeling sven  and s4nt0s are being vague on which of GSA ser and GSA PI is better, or in saying it identify platforms in exactely the same way or not.

What i like about having GSA Platform Identifier

• I can identify more than one list at a time, and while doing so continue to run my GSA SER ( with GSA ser, i would had to wait till it is done)
    • I can start identifying and add to identified folder, even while i am scraping - using the monitor folder  option )
    • I can set a max bandwith so it does not clog up my bandwidth or pc resources when i need to do other work.
    • I can easily export the identified to a sl format which i can then import on my GSA ser installs.

What i dont like of GSA Platform Identifier :

• no option to monitor a file ( only folder )
    • no option to export the graph or stats of a project
    • the program does save a project when first added, so if you have system crash or power failure you loose all new projects as then were not automatically saved.

Despite the few things i dont like, i think that the program is a huge time saver for me, and i have no regrests buying it

@royalmice - The algo's used for detection between PI and SER are the same so they should be similar in detection.

Regarding the things you don't like about PI, the monitor file and export graph options are coming as I mentioned before. :)
  • @s4nt0s  I have a problem with PI.  When PI processed to around 97% of my project, it did not identify the urls any more.  I don't know why.  I tested it twice.  
    @blackseocn - sending you a PM.