Skip to content

Semi-dedicated vs Reverse Proxies OCR

Ran a test on semi-dedicated versus reverse proxies today as far as the number of appearances in a sample is concerned. The result:

Sample size: 451507 lines of log (just posting), 16 proxies in total, 150 threads

10 Semi-dedicated proxies:
--
excluded lowest fail count: 286
excluded highest fail count: 10455 (sic!)
--
average fail count excluding extremes: 1145 entries in log per proxy

5 Reverse proxy ports:
average fail (no extremes exluded possible): 998 entries in log per proxy

1 Dedicated proxy (accidentailly left on):
416 entries in log

Conclusion: It seems reverse proxy quality is almost similar to shared proxies. The 10k fail proxy is getting reported, this has to be worse even than public proxies :P. Couldn't do my private proxies due to a migration, but based on the previous results I would think they will get much better results if not every time, then at least in average.

What do you think?

Comments

• I think you need to do a full blast that consists of lots of recaptchas. Reverse Proxies change out the IP for each port every 10 minute and thus = lower number of blob captchas = less recaptcha URL resolve failed. Same for the other captcha types that fail to resolve after being called by the same IP too many times in too short of a period of time. The downside is the reverse proxies are slower than regular shared/private proxies.
  • edited March 2014
    Bleh, why did I write ocr here :/ - it is regular reverse proxies. Not the character recognition. Sorry for the confusion.
  • I know, and I was talking about Reverse Proxies. Not Reverse OCR.
  • edited March 2014
    URL resolve failed and captcha were a very small part of the sample. I was only refering to reliability - not speed :) Timeout was 150, so it would be interesting to see if the game changes at e.g. 180 timeout or 90 timeout.
  • Oh right, I gotcha. I don't know what would happen. Lets say that you're on an IP that is has been pushed to you for 9 minutes and 30 seconds and that IP is connecting to a target and you've got the max timeout set at 180 seconds. Does reverse proxies push you a new IP thus resulting in that target failing to download or does it wait until there are no connection to an IP and then push you a new replacement IP. I know that Reverse Proxies Ports change IPs ever 10 minutes. Would be interested in hearing about this from @acidut.
  • Yep, definitely.