Skip to content

RSS Feed Creator and RSS Feed Submit to Aggregators

edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
To complete the cycle of the AUTOMATION process,

How about adding the functionality of creating RSS Feed for VERIFIED LINKS and submitting the feed to RSS Feed Directories (not ping sites).

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    +1 for this. We really do need to look at some alternatives to getting links indexed. 
  • you can actually do both. RSS Feed Creator via scrapebox and Submit via bulkping.com (Not SB because that's just basically pinging the RSS Feed URL)

but integrated within GSA it becomes fully automated without the headaches of harvesting verified links. if you even have a handful of campaigns doing it manually starts to become a nightmare.

GSA is already saving the verified links in a text file, it's a matter of adding the XML within it to become a RSS Feed.
  • Here's the issue -- feeds need to be HOSTED somewhere -- and I would recommend drip feeding them -- that's a whole other type cron type task that GSA would have to monitor and take away resources from what it does best (IMHO).

Besides that fact -- there's a script that lets you DROP 1,000 or however many links into the PHP script, it'll drip feed the links into the RSS feed while the script simultaneously cross-posts to Twitter (another RSS feed to blogping) and it will further cross-post to Facebook (more social factor) and will also syndicate via OnlyWire.com hands-free by just dropping the URLs into your created RSS feed.  To enhance feed magnetism, it's recommended by the script owner (and myself) to burn your feeds with Google's own FeedBurner (almost like Gbot spider bait) and this way, you don't have to ping the feeds hosted on your own domain.

Me thinks that would be WAY to much for GSA to handle and like I said -- would take some resources away from what it does best.

I mean -- it may be great for GSA to just create the RSS Feed, but it would need to FTP it up to where the feed is being hosted while also continuously DRIP feeding links in so that the whole mess of links (say 1,000) aren't dumped all at once.  A huge dump (to me) is like a tip off that it's SPAMalicious.  :-D

Although I would much like this to be integrated into GSA like you -- the above is quite a spider buffet you must agree and actually would be TOO tedious for GSA to conduct, let alone quite time intensive for Sven to code such a module.

Would this be pretty accurate @sven?
  • well the RSS Feed Creator can be part of GSA SER itself. Pretty much being done now except it is a text file of verified links. Then I could opt to submit it myself to a free service if for example I only have a campaign or 2. Doing this day in and day becomes very tedious. But for heavy users it becomes a big chore and automation will be the answer so maybe @sven can setup RSS Feed Submitter as another service option. They could host the feed and do the submit to aggregators. Charge a monthly, just an example $5/mo per user. Steady income stream.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sootedninjas - if it's a daily chore can't you automate it with winautomation?
  • I will be satisfied with a solution like this:

GSA SER takes the verified links of a project generates a RSS-Feed and put them on a FTP-Server. Every-time there a new verified links the RSS-Feed get updated on the FTP-Server.

Each Project has his own FTP-Setting to fill out.

From this moment every User can do what he want with the RSS-Feed.

There are Tools that know what todo with a RSS-Feed: Dripping, chunking or whatever.

@Sven - what do you think about this?

@fullspeed - Is this a solution you can accept?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I would make it no option but a popup menu function maybe for people wanting to create a rss feed from selected verified links. Than people can upload it on there own.
  • @sven

If you make it a pop-up menu then it defeats the purpose of "set it and forget about it" automation. Instead include an option on "project level set-up" to saved RSS Feed.

Then at end of day I can run a script to batch up all the RSS Feed of the day, upload to my server and submit it to RSS Feed Aggregators.
  • @Marc -- I would be good with anything -- but I just know -- just as sven said -- RSS feeds and an indexing type module -- while great defeats the purpose of the true nature of the GSA SER beast.

Plus -- the functionality I want is going to be impossible anyways -- so I'll just delegate that portion to another tool.

Whatever sven can do - -I would be appreciate.

However -- I just need the verified URLs and I dump it into rssonator and it then drip feeds to the hosted feed which is then picked up by FeedBurner (the main source of feedtraffic) -- and then also syndicated to Twitter as well.
    for now I have added a rss feed creation for upcoming version. You have to do it manually now and upload the file yourself. Maybe I change it to some kind of automatism later but for now it stays like that.
  • cool :)

any improvements is always highly appreciated.
  • @Sven - Thanks very much
    Maybe, someday you find the time for an automatic FTP-upload or similar things
    Adding this is not much work but I feel no need for it without confusing people even more with to many settings.
  • @Sven - The reason why FTP is:
    - I can download it to a software (desktop or web-based) (e.g. BacklinkingWizard) tweak, modify and drip them. But the final feed into RSS Submit, twitter and all this Stuff
    And this process is complete automatic. I can set it up one-time and from this day on it works
    I know, but this software should be usable for everyone. I can not add features that are only usable for you or a small amount of people.
  • I'm quite sure that anyone who does link building is aware that RSS Feed Submission is one of the ways that can be used to diversify that process.

The problem most likely is that creating the feed is problematic because it must be turned into an XML before it can be submitted which either you used an app or build the XML file by hand yourself.

Most RSS Feed app I have seen will create the feed by crawling your website and using the websites inner pages for the feed and this was the way RSS is designed as I understand it. It was NOT designed as a backlinking mechanism BUT as we all know it can be used as such.

If this functionality is present within GSA, users that are well verse in link building such as your user base will find it useful and will most likely used it.
  • edited November 2012

Edit: I should have read the thread more carefully.

"there's a script that lets you DROP 1,000 or however many links into the PHP script, it'll drip feed the links into the RSS feed while the script simultaneously cross-posts to Twitter"

@fullspeed - this sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Do you remember the name of this script by any chance?

• @sven on November 16 on this read you wrote

"for now I have added a rss feed creation for upcoming version. You have
    to do it manually now and upload the file yourself. Maybe I change it to
    some kind of automatism later but for now it stays like that."

Just wondering if this functionality has been implemented already on GSA SER. If it was can't seem to figure out how to use it.

Regards.....
    Well the basic creation of rss feeds is added. You just go to the list of verified urls->select them->create rss from popup menu.
  • thank you sir...
  • fullspeed 

Are you still using RSSonator? Was wondering how that was working out for you. Have you moved onto something better or are you still happy with it?