Skip to content

Please investigate this engine. (Is it a bug or it really does contain an anchor text?)

I'm talking about Aardvark Topsites (Directory)
As you all know, based on the engines, Aardvark Topsites - Link with Anchor Text: YES
But as I have observed, all my links from that engine doesn't have any anchor text at all! The anchor text remains on the title of the page (it's not clickable so it should not be called "anchor text") and the URL doesn't contain any anchor text too.
I already search through all the page and its HTML codes but it doesn't contain any anchor text codes in it.

On the second screenshot, you will observe that the Anchor Text is declared as my keyword. But when you look at the website, it doesn't have any anchor text! Only the URL without anchor text exists!
All my verified links from that engine doesn't contain ANY anchor text. 100% proven!
So the "Link with Anchor Text" should be NO.
Any reactions please? Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    actually you have another link on that page and an image over it with the alt tag and that holds your anchor text. An image with an alt="anchor" is also counted as such.
  • @Sven: Yeah, I saw that too. I didn't know that an image with an alt tag is also considered an anchor text.
    Thank you very much!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well yes, as search engines will handle it like that as well as far as I know.
  • Ya, it is weaker than a normal text link anchor text, but still counted as anchor text. Can't find the extensive test, but here is another one, though shorter http://wiep.net/talk/tests/alt-attribute-anchor-text/