Skip to content

GSA SER Freezes and Now Will Not Run

Hello, I tried to send a bug report but I am not sure that it went through. GSA SER will not run for a full minute before it freezes completely and will not run. For the last several weeks I have had to restart it every 2-3 hours because it builds up to using 99% of my CPU and then freezes. Now it will not run at all. Please help! Thank you

Comments

• same problem here
  • edited March 2014
    Same problem here after the last update(s)
  • Same problem here after the update to 8.02
  • Facing same problem too after 8.02. Have to revert back to old exe in order to run my SER
  • Same problem here with 8.02
  • edited March 2014
    I reverted back to 8.0 and now it will run without immediately crashing, but it still uses way too much CPU. Does anyone know how to revert back to 7.85? That was the last time I had no CPU issues.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    8.03 should fix it
  • Thanks, Sven!
  • I just updated to 8.03, but it does start and run (which is an improvement). The key for me will be how much CPU it is using about 3 hours from now. Recent versions have required me to restart after about 3 hours because they freeze up after using 99% of the CPU. :)
  • It has been running now for over 12 hours without crashing, but it is still using too much CPU. It is fluctuating between 55% to 99% CPU, and there is no reason for it to do that. I'm only running 50 threads on a dedicated server with an Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 @ 3.4GHz and 32GB RAM. There is not much else running on this box.
  • Same problem here
    @RYKsebastino and you are sure you have this cpu issues just on recent version and not before?
  • edited March 2014
    Yes @Sven - although they are better than before. Before my CPU was spiking up to 99% and then freezing. Now it is just using too much CPU (normally around 55% with occasional spikes up to 99%). I am wondering if maybe I have something wrong with my settings?
    Sorry I don't know about your settings but form the changes I made to recent versions, I can not see what might have caused this. So I doubt it has something to do with latest updates.
  • Could someone please tell me which are the most likely settings that could cause GSA to use more CPU than necessary?
  • I'm going to have to go back to v8.03 because 8.05 is causing the CPU usage to spike again. It's nowhere near as bad as 8.0, but it's still averaging about 50% CPU and spiking up to 99%. There is no way that should be happening on this machine. I haven't changed any of my settings - all I did was update to 8.05.