Skip to content

not responding when editing - ser not even running

ok so for a while now, whenever I've needed to add projects, or edit, I have to stop all submissions. Even then I still get after every action 'not responding' message.

I thought it was my VPS, so I upgraded to SSD 6Gb RAM vps, and still I get the not responding thing. ser is up to date, and it goes like this:

select a project > duplicate > not responding
30 - 60 seconds
now I can click 'edit', and again I get 'not responding'
30 - 60 seconds
now I can change settings/urls/etc, and click 'save' - again, 'not responding'
30 - 60 seconds
etc
etc
etc
this is with ser showing 600 - 950Mb memory being used - nothing is running while I do these edits

any ideas? I have ~70 - 80 projects, though many many urls - anywhere from 50 - 750 urls per project (plus tiers on some), scheduled 50 projects per 20 minutes. Though, as I say - nothing is actually running while I'm editing and getting the errors. When projects are running, it's pretty much fine, average of 2 - 2.2Gb usage.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm adding/removing projects almost each day, so the 'aaarrrrghhhh' factor is pretty high :D Any help much appreciated :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the projects are the problem I guess...takes too much time parsing the information on display.
  • ok thought that might be it, figured it was woth double-checking - thanks :)
    you might want to provide a full backup of your projects...I can then try to see what takes so long and optimize it.
  • I'm way too dumb to know how to do that lol :D

right click on project->modify->backup all

• ok so a little update for future people finding this thread and hoping for pointers/answers:

Two things happened at the same time, so I can't say which one helped, or if they both helped, but:

1.discovered my VPS disk space was running at 90% full (probably more like 94% full actually) Got some more storage so I'm now running at 50% disk space

2. Sven incorporated some tweaks for the latest update, which I've obviously installed

Result now is that the not responding message/freezing lasts considerably shorter, maybe 20 seconds which is to be expected as it does the parsing etc. So basically, fixed and problem solved, on an install that at the time of backing up all projects gave a 1.65Gb file, in case that extra info helps someone else when comparing :)
    OK so still 20 seconds is not good either. Would be nice if you can deliver the full backup somehow to see whats possible to speed that up.