Skip to content

Small QoL changes if possible #3

The third installment of small things that might make SER rock even more and make our lifes more comfortable, nothing big, yet with a positive influence on workflow and management. Here goes:

1.) When running a project e.g. in active mode and you want to switch it to e.g. verify only you first have to disable the project and then select the second working mode. It would be great if the change could be done without having to do disable the project in between. (SER could do it like a batch of commands, but you wouldn't have to first click inactive and second choose the other mode - it would just be one click for you)

2.) Deleting emails and articles - it would be great if the delete key on the keyboard could be used to do the task. I don't know about others, but for me it is the most intuitive way of deleting things - pressing ctrl+A or selecting the emails/articles I want deleted and then slam the delete key on the keyboard

3.) Adding the info of how many sites are left to post to would be a great addition to the tooltip when you hover over a project. When you see the red triangle - instead of having to check for each project and (1) rightclick, (2) select show urls, (3) select remaining target urls you would just have to (1/2 - half of an action) hover over the project name to see if you can clear the important messages.

4.) When there are no targets to post to the red triangle remains even when there are new targets to post to - maybe make it so that once there are over 100 or so targets on the list SER would reset the important message automatically but would make a note in the log that there were no targets to post to, and then that it picked up posting again due to new targets appearing.

5.) It would really be great to have a third group of proxies, maybe call it "custom"? e.g. currently I am using private, public and reverse proxies, some tasks I do with private (almost all), some I do with public (pr checking), but scraping I do almost exclusively with reverse (due to the changing IP), now putting the reverse proxies in either of the groups (private/public) doesn't fit as they are completely different from each other and used for different tasks.

6.) Would it be possible to assign threads to certain tasks more granular than just telling SER to use xxx threads? Taking the example of reverse proxies you buy a set number of ports that can be used, but your machine can handle much more data. So you would just (a) set the number of thread used for scraping to the number of allowed connections to the reverse proxies and (b) have a second setting with a general limit not inlcuding the scraping. The total number of threads would be a+b. It would make it possible to use the resources of your computer in a more balanced way and allow for great handling of things like reverse proxies.