Skip to content

Testing out GSA Captcha Breaker.

hi,

i'm interested in testing out the success rates of GSA CB OCR program vs other kinds of OCR software (spamvilla, captcha sniper), specifically on recaptchas. i've been trying to poke around the CB program, and the SDK seems it can let me test the OCR, but it requires a database of captchas to test on, which i don't have or don't want to label manually. is there anyway i can test the success rates of actual captchas on actual webpages? i can even create my own webpage with a captcha if necessary.

thanks for your help!
Tagged:

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You can have CB extract the captchas from the page by clicking the "add/edit/delete" button then going to add > URL. 

The thing is that you need a decent sample size of captchas if you want to train it correctly. Even if the captchas are from the same captcha type there can be many variations so if you want a better success rate you should have a decent sample size.

There's options in the SDK to have a third party captcha solver name the captchas for you. You can always try that option if you don't want to spend the time naming them yourself. 

Really though, you can easily name 50-100 captchas pretty quickly so it shouldn't take that much time to get some samples named and play around with the SDK.

• edited March 2014
    hi,

thanks for your reply. the add edit button doesn't let me add the url of the webpage, but only the specific captcha image. is there any way to add many different captchas at once?

also, is there a way to test the default OCR? the SDK seems to help me train my own OCR, but i want to test the default captcha breaker ability.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

On the Add URL you can also do the following:

1. just add a part of the URL not the http:// that always appears on the webpage for the captcha.

2. in the 2nd field enter the url where the captcha is shown on (the form to enter it).

With that setting you should get a lot captchas not just one.

For testing we made a special program you can use. http://www.gsa-online.de/download/GSA_CapTest.exe

• hi sven, thanks for you reply. great test program!

i'm just curious how the program works, since i don't actually have captcha sniper or captcha infinity installed. 
    what versions of captcha breaker and captcha sniper and captcha infinity does it run, and how can i be sure the tests are actually running the captcha solver from those programs?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    of course you have to have the programs installed and running...just have one running and click the button of the programs name after loading the captchas to test.