Skip to content

Weird results with Target URLs

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Hey @Sven, here is the progression.

1. Running a campaign, about 7,000 URLs left to run.

2. Target URLs show 57 so I restart and see this.

3. Remove Dupe domains and I'm left with...

That is more total URLs that I even started with. I have SER grabbing Verified URLs, but I thought it would only grab more URLs when it ran out of targets that I give it.

Thanks @Sven!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    On certain URLs it also tries to grap possible new links (e.g. guestbooks, blog comments...). What options do you use to get targets?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I have that feature turned off.

ok then you have new urls from present accounts...do you have scheduled posting enabled?
    Nope, no scheduled posting (see screenshot above).

My two questions.

Why didn't the unused URLs go back into the Target URLs list.
    Where did the 19,499 URLs come from?
    sorry I have no idea...what do the URLs look like?
    The URLs look good, like the normal URLs that I import and would find in my Verified folder.
    Sorry, just checked all possebilities and I can't see why it would add more target urls at all. Can you maybe get me one URL that you think was added?
  • mmm i don't really understand whats going on here but i see in your pics you have 4 search engines checked, maybe you are scraping new targets....
    ha right @rodol ;)
    @Sven @Rodol this campaign had been running for about 10 minutes. It should get links from sitelists long before it gets to harvesting and it couldn't have harvested 177,403 URLs in a few minutes.
  • I did find something similar with mine actually, but it added 19million links into the Target URLs list. I have a project with no search engines selected, and no site lists selected so I just use it for processing scraped links. Had it do a cleanup and afterwards there was 19million URLs in the Target URLs list, only problem is I can't see what they look like as SER runs out of memory every time I try to view it
    make a backup and send it to me please.
    @Sven, it's every campaign on all of my servers. When in the process do you want a backup? after I import URLS and before I start it?
    yes
    Thanks @Sven, PM sent.