Skip to content

Which GSA sites allow embedding of YouTube Video's within an article?

Hi Everyone,

I crossed over to GSA from Magic Submitter. I've been using GSA for about 8 weeks now. Can anyone tell me which sites inside of GSA allow you to post an article with an embedded YouTube video in the article? I saw a couple of wordpress articles in my links list that allowed me to do an article with a video but it was just a one time thing. 

If there is a definitive answer to this, the next question is how to scrape for those sites that allow articles with embedding.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've looked around quite a bit for this answer but can't seem to find one. Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Wiki sites usually don't allow it. SER removes the video code from the article if such a site is seen not supporting it. However if you find more of them not allowing it let me know and I can update the scripts. Else it's all the html allowing engines.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    I searched thru a bunch of threads on here trying to find a current solution...

Is anyone cool enough to share settings for an engine selection of those platforms that let you embed youtube videos?

I thought the option for 'uncheck sites that dont allow html' would sort me out but that is still way to broad and including guestbooks etc

I'd like to know all the specific engines that allow youtube embeds
    All engines allowing html (allow html) are also supposed to allow iframe tags (the default way how to add videos) unless you see that the engines convert that html to another format with...

html to custom link format
    html to markdown
    html to bbs

and it has no custom iframe format added.

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Thanks, I was assuming sites like guestbook, image comments, and blog comments would not display an embed despite allowing some html. 
    Well I have to admit that maybe not all engines are properly configured when it comes to iframes. Please let me know if you notice engines who have the iframe placed wrong.
  • Sven  you which is the ninja of configurations such make a so work to embed youtube videos alert by "embed" intended only for that my dream is to post the embend youtube in several sites, or it can happen if I turn on all engines?
    sorry your writing makes no sense to me.
  • Sven   create a so engine to use the embed youtube ?!
    sorry i use google translator