Skip to content

Running at 0.5 LPM, tried a lot of different settings

Hey guys,

- I'm using a VPS for Hostamus.com [3.2ghz, 4GB RAM, 1G Port Unlimited Traffic, Windows 2008]
- I'm using 20 Private Proxies from BuyProxies.org

I've tried many different settings. 
HTML Timeout between 120-140
Threads right now is 140, but have used 100 up to 200.
Proxy Threads 7-8
Proxy Timeout  set at 3 (not even sure what this is) 
Right now I have selected 5 English Google Search Engines

I may be leaving something out because I'm at work and can't look at it, but any other info and I can post it. I can even log in to my VPS on my phone is I need to.

I have 2 more questions.

1)  I've been having a problem with getting my proxies banned by Google and my project stopping. I did have "disable public proxies when banned" (or whatever that option is exactly). So I guess I should not do that so that when they get unbanned my project keeps running? 

2)  My GSA Captcha Breaker has about 55% success rate. Is that normal?

Tagged:

Comments

• Sorry, submission threads was at 170
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    With only 20 proxies you will always face proxy bans. I would try and add more search engines or better still don't use SER to scrape at all. The latter is how you can get super high speeds.
  • I plan to learn how to scrape my own good lists on my days off, and also look into buying verified lists. But I've seen a lot of people on this forum getting huge LPM from just scraping, and I'm not even getting 1 LPM :(
    I'm not sure there are that many people left getting huge LPM with SER scraping, but those that are probably have lots of projects and lots of tiers of junk projects to make it go faster.

Anyway, when i used to let SER scrape i tried the 5 search engine thing and got exactly the same result as you - Banned proxies, i had 100 proxies and it made no difference.

I suggest you check all English search engines, first see if you can swap your proxies for new ones and then try it.
  • edited March 2014
    I guess the thread I read was back in 2013 sometime. I will log into my VPS on my phone try the all english engines now. I already screwed my proxies twice and now have a 3rd set of new ones. Buyproxies support didn't seem to like giving me the 3rd new set and said "we do swap them out but do not abuse it". My proxies seem to be doing well right now though.

Who would you consider the best list provider? And I have another question unrelated to the thread. For Tier 2 do we need to be careful how much we are building to Tier 1? Or just blast away but with higher quality links then we would for Tier 3?
    I use buyproxies and solidseovps proxies.

With the tiers, i don't think it really matters because after a week or two of tier 1 running, tiers 2 and 3 never really hit their daily quota of 10x or 15x. There are just too many links to build.

What i meant is that some people have maybe 3 - 5 different tiers of junk links and that makes SER fly.