Skip to content

Small QoL changes if possible #2

A list of things noticed while working with SER:

1.) A bulk blacklist checker for emails would be awesome. if you have hundreds of campaigns with thousands of emails it would be really great if the Advanced -> Tools button could get a mass blacklist checker with the option of using the blacklisted for verification only (awesome feature). It would save people a lot of time :)

2.) Adding a total submitted/verified count in the project window. That way you would be able to see at a glance if there are still pending verifications to be done for all the projects. If there are you could use the list to find the project where you have to clear out the submitted list. Again it would save users some time

3.) Adding the proxy ip to the "download failed" message. If there is a download failed message you currently have no way of knowing which proxy caused it (even debug mode does not show it), by adding the information of proxy IP to the download failed message it would be possible to quickly weed out bad proxies.

4.) Give each project group a separate color and unicode icon (http://panmental.de/symbols/info.htm). Currently project colors are randomized. Making colors in a project group constant would allow to quickly identify the project group in the running log and a unicode icon would add more possibilities (color+icon pairs would not repeat often and if usually only if you have hundreds of project groups) without any added overhead.

5.) In the project articles tab there are two buttons - "add" and "import". In the email tab there is only one button "add". Would be great if it were either one way or the other :)

6.) I have been trying to use article import from other projects, but it always gives me the "articles imported 0" message - is that a bug?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) email setup will change somehow anyway

2) might add it as hint ont he column!?

3) done for next update

4) have to think about it...but taking a random unicode symbol would confuse ppl even more for sure.

5) fixed

6) Just tested it...not a problem for me.

ad 2. A hint would be fine, just a way to quickly check if there are still any left.
    ad 6. ok, something on my end then.
  • ad 1.) @Sven - If we're talking about changing it completely: Maybe a panel where you bulk import email accounts in general settings - then in the project panel you can choose how many you want to use and how many there are left in general. There would also be other options - but generally the idea would be to go from micro-management - to macro-management.