Skip to content

Is there a way to make the program find .edu and .gov and wiki links?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Hey guys,

It is my first post in here and i wanted to thank the team that build this wonderfull program.

My question is, is there a way to make the program find .edu .gov and wiki?

Thank you guys in advance.

Blessings
Tagged:

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    The answer to this is found in the F.A.Q.: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/155/inofficial-gsa-search-engine-ranker-faq#Item_43

I'm not sure exactly what a wiki has in the domain name to help find it. Maybe !wiki
  • I'm running this right now. Nothing yet but I'll post any results.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Remember that is a final filter. So it says "scrape as many URL's as you can, from you settings, and then when it passes the PR, and OBL filter then apply it." 

So remember it uses up alot of resources and then rejects ALL url's that don't meet this criteria.

I think to use this feature you have to use sitelists that you import yourself.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Not really. The program tries to apply the domain filter when finding new targets with search engines. Of course not all search engines support this, but if they do, it will be used.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - do you have a list of SE's that support this? Or could you add it as an option in the SE list. Like "Use SE's that can search by domain type". Would be very useful.
    open se.dat and search for "site=" ... all search engines that have this added support it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    [FEATURE REQUEST] Would it be possible to put it in as an option for the SE's dropdowns? Like "Use SE's that can search by domain type."

This would make the feature of finding certain URL's types more effective. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Also - how does handle multiple types.

e.g. !.gov !.de

Would it run a search for both or combine them?
    Just curious as to the number of results it generates. 

i.e. site=".gov" or site=".de" or two separate searches with site=".gov" and another separate search site=".de"

it would chose a random domain filter on submission to search engines
    [FEATURE REQUEST] added for upcoming version
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can't wait to test this new feature out...
  • commenting on this so I can apply this technique later