Skip to content

Should I set the projects as (inactive) when max amount of needed links have been added or leave it?

Hello There,

Just one thing I'm a bit unsure about is regarding the projects being left running or not. So, say when one of my projects has met the criteria based on maximum amount of needed verified links, I will then setup the next tier, but should I then make that original project (inactive) or leave it running still? I'm not using the GSA indexer so would assume to turn it off, on the other hand if the links are still being moved over to the indexing service I guess the project should be left on perhaps?

Best Regards

Comments

• Anyone :/
  • Id like to know this as well
  • Damn just got back and still no answers, sucks, well I do really need to find this answer out.
    If someone would be kind enough to let us know it would be appreciated. 
  • Never stop building links =)
  • I posted this days ago now, can I get a serious accurate response please?
  • dude, i will repeat.... Never stop building links =).
    there is no such thing as "maximum amount of needed verified links"
  • What ^^ says
  • That is not what I have asked though at all, I know how many links I would like to add. My question is:
    ==================
    should I then make that original project (inactive) or leave it running still?
    ==================

Leaving them running can take up more memory an stuff, thus why I need someone to answer my question. Not to much to ask is it being I have waited days now? If you don;t know then please don't respond with the above irrevent answers.
  • @Titan if you want ppl to help you on the forums, I'd drop the attitude.

You should keep building links to combat natural link loss.  Plus you should remember that pumping a load of links to a site and then suddenly stopping is a clear signal to the search engines that something unnatural is happening.
  • edited March 2014
    What attitude? read what I wrote I was perfectly polite. We are all adults here not kids. If I can not explain that answers posted must be relevant to my question, then what is the point of having this forum in regards to getting support? don't blame me if people take things personally, I'm just explaining that I have waited a few days now for an answer and that I don't want responses outside of the question. 

Lastly, thanks, however this is for videos not websites so does not matter. I still need to know if the projects actually still have their varified links moved over to the indexing service when they are (inactive) honestly, that is all I need to know as mentioned many times.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @titan - Links are sent to the indexer every 5 mins i believe, but that may depend on the indexer you are using.
    So you have to establish when they are sent to your indexing service and that will answer your question.
  • gooner, thanks, the indexing service would not know that though. Only the tool developer / advanced users would know this. I'm using www.instantlinkindexer.com right now. They would not know if the tool itself is actually moving the links over or not. I still need the answer to this, if not then I'm wasting my time, I'm being 100% polite here as well with my words so unsure why I'm getting called out on that stuff.
    edited March 2014
    You can go into your indexer service and see when the links are sent. I use instantlinkindexer too and they are sent every 5 mins.

So, even allowing for any backlog, give it a couple of hours to be sure and that's enough right?
  • gooner, thanks, so In your opinion do you think the links would still get moved over, if the project has been set to inactive and stuff. Understand, I'm only trying to do this as I'm certain that if you leave all your projects running it's going to slow down the memory and such.
    As far as i know, links are sent over right away. The timestamp in ILI shows they are sent every 5 mins.
    You could open up the batches and manually check which links are sent and when, but i would say a couple of hours would be enough to ensure you caught them all.

That's my opinion mate, but i don't have any facts to back that up.
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks a lot gooner it's appreciated. Hopefully someone else will be able to give me a more definitive answer as well, what you told me is helpful however thanks a lot.