Skip to content

.dat files swapping from GSA Ser

It is known that some of the .dat files contents cannot be modified beforehand in Project options. 

Such are, for example, names.dat, lnames.dat, hobbies, cities, studies, etc.
If one uses SER for, say, English target website, then he would need Eng names, hobbies etc. If target URL is in German it would need names, hobbies etc. in German.

Right now this requires manual swapping of the dat files.

Also, if user runs projects with different languages simultaneously and thus with the need of different hobbies, cities, studies, etc, then that is simply not possible now.

Is it possible to adress this problem via SER? For example, make some kind of folder inside SER directory, where different subfolders with DATs are located, and from where GSA would load corresponding DAT files?

For example, DE folder with German DATs, Eng with English, and for project A tick "use DATs from folder: ENG" is selected, whilst for Project B "use DATs from folder: DE"

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version has a project setting.
  • Sven, WOW, so fast it is almost impossible! ^:)^ Thank you very, very much Sven. :)>-
  • I cannot find how to acces this option,I want to change all this dat files to spanish but I do not see how
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Create a folder and copy all the *.dat files in it. Change its contents to your need and in the project you set the folder in options for it.
  • Thanks Sven, That worked!